•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey need some advice on an Aveo

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      tdi's are great and last forever, if you have a mechanic that knows tdi's around.

AS for back to the original question, so i threw it off topic.

The aveo is a great cheap car. Since you want new with a warranty, it is probably the cheapest car you can buy without incentives. It is like every other car on the road, so having the warranty is important for when it breaks down. Hopefully before you buy the car from a particular dealer you talk to the service department to see how much experience they have with the aveo. Its not a chevy with an ls1 in it, people stick ls1's into everything, so the chevy mechanic might not have a clue to the aveo. That seems to be one of the biggest complaints here. Is after buying lots of parts the car is still broken. but you will have a warranty.

might want to discuss with the dealer about rental during downtime, as if anything breaks on your aveo, i dont think there is a dealer around that stocks all the parts you might need.

aside from those negatives, i think its a great car.. nothing with the car itself has really disappointed me for what i paid. take it on a long test drive and see how you like it. just as long as you remember its a $11k car, i think you should be happy.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      buy a used aveo, its alot cheaper and uses same amount of gas as the new one
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Seeing that this is an Aveo list, we are pretty positive about Aveos. I have a 2009 Aveo5. But mine has A/T and A/C and the fancy radio which added to the price of the car considerably.

As everyone said, it's a good little car for the price - as long as you don't expect it to be a Caddy or a Corvette. The newer ones seem to be more reliable than some of the older ones. Fit and finish are really excellent, surprising for such a cheap car.

Negatives? Gas mileage for city driving really sucks (22 MPG), (but it's great on the highway at 37 MPG) especially with the automatic. Very few storage compartments in the cockpit area. Mediocre acceleration. The suspension is unsophisticated and the ride is harsh when on bad pavement. The original tires are noisy and low grade, but you can replace them when they wear out.

They seem to be very reliable. Mine has 8000 miles on it and nothing has gone wrong with it, except for a minor problem with the accelerator pedal that did not affect driveablilty any. The dealer replaced it under warranty and gave us a loaner vehicle for a day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12