•  

Thread: GMPartsDirect.com (my experience with them)

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Thumbs down GMPartsDirect.com (my experience with them)

Just wanted to let any interested in buying from gmpartsdirect.com know:
      • Be prepared to wait a while. I placed an order in early October. It did not ship until last Friday.
      • Do not expect any communication or customer service. I had sent emails to customer service inquiring about the expected delivery date. I received NO NOT EVEN ONE reply. On the day of shipment I finally received an email.
      • Prepare to either quit your job to stay home until parts arrive or pay someone to stay there and wait for delivery - whatever day that is? They ship UPS and will not ship without requiring a signature. They also block the options of having it either held at a UPS location or delivered to a neighbor or even schedule a different day to arrange delivery.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to milesvinson For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-18-2015)

Thanks
      That sounds not very good. Thanks for the report.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Those 'GM' sites are helpful with their parts diagrams and OEM numbers. But their prices are almost always off the chart compared to Amazon, Rockauto, and even sometimes the local parts outfits, and I've never ordered anything from one of them. Just curious - did they have something you needed that none of the other places are selling?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
      Those 'GM' sites are helpful with their parts diagrams and OEM numbers. But their prices are almost always off the chart compared to Amazon, Rockauto, and even sometimes the local parts outfits, and I've never ordered anything from one of them. Just curious - did they have something you needed that none of the other places are selling?
      Yes, I needed marker lights for the rear bumper, a clock spring and parts for the fuel door. I also ordered a cruise switch and wiper arms. The prices were actually lower than RockAuto.com plus not all of the parts are available from RockAuto.com.

I had ordered from them for convenience also! LOL Man was I fooled.

I just received an email from them a few minutes ago. They claimed that I can go to the UPS website and sign for it there. BUT they blocked the option to do that or the other delivery options.

Thanks
      No nearby junkyard for used parts?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Nope. What few there are around here keep the cars for about 3 months and then keep the motor & trans and scrap the rest. Plus they close at 4 pm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to milesvinson For This Useful Post:

aydinbirk (05-10-2017)

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      milesvinson - I realize it's not exactly convenient location-wise (I work in St Albans, live in Belpre, so know the commute all too well); but the pick-n-pull up in Columbus currently has 3 Aveos on the lot (as of last Saturday when I went up there). Plus, they are open on weekends.

Back on topic, GMPD has long had a reputation for having great pricing, but horrible customer service - go to any forum related to a GM vehicle, and you'll likely find similar feedback. Kind of unfortunate, but I think in many cases, they just feel that "we have what you want, so you'll put up with our crap"...

Thanks
      There are certain parts that when I went to order them, they put a quantity of 10 as some 'minimum' - apparently some parts only ship as a case of the same part. So a part listed with a cost of $12 winds up being $120 for a case. Others I can get onesy twosy, but others like body hardware gotta order in bulk. Annoying!