•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pressure

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Thumbs up no spark (FIXED)

post was titled "fuel pressure" but has been ruled out an was found out to have no spark. (post 3)

Okay about a week (little longer) ago I try to start the car after work an it needs to crank over longer... then every following day after the car took longer cranking times after it has been sitting awhile. Few days ago the car just did not start.. I kept trying walked away an came back a few minutes later an it started just fine... Well no it does not start at all... So, what I know as of now... no sound when i turn the key (no noise from the fuel pump) I ordered a fuel pressure tester an it will be here tomorrow.. the question is what should the pressure be when im trying to start the car? since the car does not start im sure the pressure would be lower then when the car is running.. what is the pressure suppose to be trying to start the car? an what should it be after?

Thanks
      Jo

by the way its a 2007 Aveo sadan

Last edited by schusterjo; 09-14-2012 at 12:01 PM.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by schusterjo View Post
      Okay about a week (little longer) ago I try to start the car after work an it needs to crank over longer... then every following day after the car took longer cranking times after it has been sitting awhile. Few days ago the car just did not start.. I kept trying walked away an came back a few minutes later an it started just fine... Well no it does not start at all... So, what I know as of now... no sound when i turn the key (no noise from the fuel pump) I ordered a fuel pressure tester an it will be here tomorrow.. the question is what should the pressure be when im trying to start the car? since the car does not start im sure the pressure would be lower then when the car is running.. what is the pressure suppose to be trying to start the car? an what should it be after?

Thanks
      Jo

by the way its a 2007 Aveo sadan
      Hi Schusterjo,

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. Have you been to the dealer to have this checked? If you would like to private message me the last 8-digits of your vehicle's VIN#, your full name, I could research your question further regarding the fuel pressure.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Did a pressure check today an when I turned the key on the gauge showed 50psi, so it seems it is not my fuel pump. Should of done this first but been so busy to do it I checked for spark, none.. being a dual coil i know not all 4 wires would not have spark due to a bad coil (only one usually burns up so other 2 wires would have spark.) So im leaning towards a bad crankshaft position sensor.. lost my ohm meter so i have to get a new one to test the sensor before i go get a new one .

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      It's probly the coilpack itself, this car uses a positive 5 volt signal to fire the plugs, everything is enclosed into the unit so its quite difficult to diagnose a problem, the crank sensor is pretty much a simple magnet, I doubt it could be the culprit, you should test the 3 wire connector that plugs into the coilpack, 1 of the 3 wires should have a pulsing +5v signal when you crank it, if you dont then it's something else, possibly the crank sensor like you said, if you have a pulse then your coilpack is fried.
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Thanks
      Got my OBD2 scanner today it threw codes 2106 an 2138... googled but not seen where this would keep car from starting anywhere... also seen a TBS on these codes but not understanding the fix, help?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      DTC P2138: Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation
      DTC P2106: Throttle Control System Performance – Throttle Limitation Active

Neither of which would affect your spark

Thanks
      Yes I am aware those would not effect spark an are a separate issue, probably something to do with fuel mileage dropping past 2 month's. I checked for voltage going to coil an it was ok. Checked the ohms on the crankshaft position sensor an it was 800 a little high. Kinda lost at this point. Coli has 2 separate coils an both would not just stop at the sane time is what makes me think it's not the coil.

Thanks
      Just ordered new crankshaft sensor an a new coil pack... getting a little frustrated with this... bought the car with 51000 currently has 56000 an now it sits in the driveway...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      My bet would go with coil pack as well, but there is not a whole lot of description of what the engine does do.

Thanks
      Well back at this again...UPS guy should be here any time so i will try to fix this before i head of to work.. should take no more then 5 minutes to do the coil an if thats not it another 5 to do the crank position sensor.... let ya all know if it works... really wished i had the voltages/ohms at the pin to know what ones it would of been instead of doing it this way......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast