•  

Thread: door lock feature

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

door lock feature

Hello People,
      Just got a 2008 Aveo sedan and I love it. Don't really understand all of the bad p/r that this little guy has gotten. Nice car to drive. Has anybody fooled with changing the driver's door feature that keeps you from locking without a key? Drives me nuts and I am going to change it so I am looking for ideas. Thanks

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything...but they still bring a smile to your face when you push em down the stairs

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: door lock feature

I did a little bit of research...

In this pic you see that any open door will ground terminal 8 on the anti-theft module...

Here we see that anytime the doors are locked (by the tumbler), the central door locking system knows, so does the anti-theft module (terminal 9).

Terminal 10 and 11 from anti-theft module control lock and unlock respectively.

But nowhere is it indicated how the driver door actuator is connected to the driver door switch. My guess is that the system has a couple more wires not mentioned of here. I know that in aftermarket kits, the "master actuator" has four wires and in the pictures here, there are only 2. Signal has to be sent to terminal 10 and 11 when the switch is locked or unlocks by hand (not the tumbler)... Pin 24 and 25 from connector C351 control the unlock and lock to the control module. C351 is the driver door wiring harness...

Just the wiring harnesses used.... you can see C351, C361 is in the front passenger door... Here we see cost saving mesures. GM uses the same connectors, yet we know that the passenger door doesn't have as many features as the driver door... But that is besides the point.

I bet terminal 12 is the culprit.

As you can see, it's not that easy to determine how to remove that feature. Maybe it is an option that mechanics can change in the ECU, but I doubt it very much. Best way to do it is removing the door trim, tumbler, actuator and manual lock and examining the pieces.

As a side not, the 2007 and 2008 sedans should have the same systems. Same wire color is used for locking/unlocking and central door locking module is located in the same spot, under the passenger side kick panel.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

wow,
      Impressive reasearch for sure but I am asuming that your info applies to a power door lock system and I have manual door locks. Thanks
      Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything...but they still bring a smile to your face when you push em down the stairs

Thanks

I think it's something mechanical. never looked at the thing myself, but i agree with you it's bloody annoying. I know it helps ont not lock their keys in but yeah.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

IIRC either here, the old board or on daewootech, someone found that there's a little extra piece of plastic on the driver's side knob that you could grind off.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Or you could add power locks and keyless entry for about 40 bucks. Kits are on ebay.

Thanks
      I know I'm replying to an old post but did anyone ever resolve the issue with the driver door lock? I too have manual windows, does anyone know if there is still a power kit?

TIA