•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do people make fun of you for driving an aveo?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I get crap all the time. mostly from my co-workers at a local Honda dealership i work at "try" to make their civics into race cars even though they are base models with automatics and beat the living hell out of them. their cars constantly break down. gently driving my aveo it just keeps on running like a sewing machine every day. I am a strong believer in the saying "If you take care of your car it will take care of you." sure when on the interstate i need a realllllllly big distance to pass something and don't even think about accelerating uphill. but with me, it's all about dependability. I love my aveo and i'm shooting for 500k miles.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post
      I get made fun of all the time.

One of my co-workers recently sent me a link where the Aveo was rated as one of "worst cars for new drivers." However, the other cars in the list included an S550 Mustang, a F-Type Jaguar, Corvette, some BMW, etc. You can't complain when your Aveo, which retailed for $10k, is being compared alongside $60k+ sports cars.
      and flashbacks of Top Gear Season 13 Episode 3 come back to me (and to all of our UK members that Watched Top Gear back in 2009) when James may absolutely SLAMMED the Aveo for being "dull".

Thanks
      Doesn't bother me a bit when someone makes wise cracks about my 2009 Aveo I just blow the horn an wave everytime I see one of my friends at the gas pump and I'm riding right on bye LOL

Thanks
      When I first bought my 2006 Chevy Aveo back in October and drove it to work all my co workers were happy that a high school student such as myself worked hard to save up for a car and so all my coworkers and managers respected the car for it. On the other hand when I drove it to my high school all the popular kids who had almost brand new cars or their parents old car still having payments made they laughed at me for driving such a beat up looking little thing but I drive my 06 Aveo with pride because I can rub it in their face that I have my own car that my parents didn’t give to me or I’m not making payments on it and that seems to make them upset but it makes me proud. In other words yes the Aveo in the area of the United States where I live is considered a poor persons car but I’m proud to own it because of my 20 mpg on average and it’s my own car I worked hard for.

CJS
      Thanks
      Nobody has ever said anything about my 2007 Aveo LS Hatchback...at least not to me! I live in the land of big trucks whose drivers play my-tires-are-bigger-than-your-tires, so maybe they're too busy (ha).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345