•  

Thread: Coolant sensor location

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Coolant sensor location

Sorry folks but after an hour of trying to find the coolant temperature sensor CTS location in the threads I couldnt find it. I tried rephraseing the coolant sensor several different ways and still couldnt find it. I only found shop talk about it here and there.
      What I would like to know is exactly where it is on a 2005 chevy aveo. I know its below the intake manifold and on the back side of the engine. Thats it. Do you use your left hand and a mirror to find it from the top side or do you get access from below? The thread could use some help on this.

Thanks
      Here is the only image I could find. I looked through my rebuild thread, but there isn't any clear shots of the intake side of the head.

If you follow any wires going to something very near the intake manifold flange you'll find the sensor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

MeekMark (12-17-2019)

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Thanks for the "Can-Do" answer. Heres the real deal. You take your left hand facing the engine and put it up behind the alternator and although the the intake flange SUPPORT is there you remove it to get access. To me its a cubby hole behind the alternator behind the number #1 piston. Normally I would suggest any part but on this one get the factory OEM so that you wont have to fool with it. Access is best from the bottom. Thanks for the print but with my left hand I found it. The real trick is disconnecting it without breaking the locking male / fe-male snap-ring connector.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by patricklprice View Post
      The real trick is disconnecting it without breaking the locking male / fe-male snap-ring connector.
      Is disconnecting the sensor connector a pull apart procedure or do you have to depress a clip/wire for it to seperate?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Sorry about the delayed responce but I just got into Texas at the hotel. The coolant sensor is a snap male / female concector & has a pry spot to un-do and you need a small 2 inch screw driver to pry it apart. Since the sensor is a screw in type witch threads into the engine block. The clip was on the very top on mine. My guess it could be in any position since it screws in. Obviously it would be easiest if the pry place was on the side or bottom but it was a pain for me to un-do. When I put the new one on I tightened it so that the connector snap would be on its side.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patricklprice For This Useful Post:

dshowejr (05-25-2017),MeekMark (12-17-2019)

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanks for the reply!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      On the 06 it is directly behind the alternator. Put car on ramps make sure it not going to move. lay on thy back and slide under. At the rear end of the cat there is a bracket with two 14mm bolts on bottom and two 12 mm on top (hard to get to for a big guy. Leave all the stuff on the bracket and set it on top of starter. just to the lower right out of sight is the sensor. Use 20mm deep well to r&r. Good luck to all. There are two vids like 37 seconds and 24 that show where it is but its no that much help.