•  

Thread: Chevy's new finance company..Watch Out!!! Was GMAC now Ally..sharks!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Chevy's new finance company..Watch Out!!! Was GMAC now Ally..sharks!

Anyone here still paying off there Aveo through GMAC get a letter that things have changed, and GMAC is now "Ally" financial.

Fine with me right? No changes to my loan and just 1 year left. No biggie right?

Well I'm thinking now that GMAC was done away with because they must have been to nice and polite.

all 4 years I've paid, I've paid $20 extra every payment. Some months would be a little late, but I always paid. They never said a thing. Rarely added a late charge.

I asked for a payment defferement for 2 months and they did it over the phone. Nice and simple and polite.

Ally comes into the picture, and there UP MY ASS non stop!!! There from another country and there accents arent always easy to understand.

I tried to explain my lack of work situation... in one ear and out the other.
      I promised them I was happy and would continue paying the loan as soon as work returned.

I tried to set up a deferrment and nothing made any sense. On top of having to wait to receive a letter I had to sign and mail back with a stamp I don't have handy.
      GMAC didn't need this. Ally insists they do.
      I stopped answering there calls....

Folks...15 calls a day!!! Some just hang-ups. These people will harass the **** out of you...

For icing on the cake, they called my folks up 2000 miles away in florida...and now they are all worried.

So just another hurdle poor Chevy's got in the way of selling new car's. Hopefully someone reads this, and throws Ally, out to the ally.

They're( ally ) not gonna treat people like they're treating me, and think they can get away with it.

I understand it's my obligation to pay on time or pay a consequence..a financial hit is fine. I'm not good with harassment.

Last edited by DailyDriverMark; 01-13-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      I'm not sure I understand, you were able to defer payments with gmac? and now you "can't"?

If you've paid $20 extra every month on the aveo, shouldn't it be paid off by now? in the last year? (seriously asking it would with my loan).

Maybe if you answered one time, had them enter you plans into the computer (like a contract) they would stop calling, but by not answering the phone they think you ran?

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Rabbit, I think he did try to reason with him, only to have them not understand his needs. I really do think finance companies like contracting with a non-English country. They tend to stick to the script and loose the value of personal relationships. I had my first house loan with GMAC. They were not bad. Not great either.

I had my Aveo loan with First Citizens. I loved them as I paid ahead, they counted the "ahead" payments as paid. So when I missed a month they were not up my a$$ for it.

@DailyDriverMark, good luck to you and I hope you find a job soon. Thanks for the ahead up on the new "Evil Empire"
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i wasn't trying to sound rude, i just mean people are stupid, and they probably get told stories all the time by people who are not going to pay..

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i wasn't trying to sound rude.
      I hope that I did not imply that you were rude at all. I had to read the word "mean" several times as I read it as "rude" at first. Then I finally got it as "intend." LOL on me!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Just got my car which is a loan transfer, I'm with Ally and the first payment wasn't taken from my bank account so I'll just wait for them to realize something's wrong...

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MatLax View Post
      Just got my car which is a loan transfer, I'm with Ally and the first payment wasn't taken from my bank account so I'll just wait for them to realize something's wrong...
      I would not. If they are going to be Sharky, that will give them an excuse to mark your credit score and charge you a fee. Once that happens they might refund the fee and will not back down from the credit score black mark.

Thanks
      Complain to your political representative: Ally is owned 56.3% by US. taxpayers ... as a result of the big bailouts during the worst of the financial crash.

Or, maybe if you've paid 43.7% of your loan off, you can consider it 100% good.

FYI:

Ally Financial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ally appeared on the scene in Canada as an online bank shortly after they were formed. I actually opened an account with them because they have one of the highest interest rates available for savings. (2% is still laughably low, but it beats what we get in our regular bank / chequing accounts. And it's covered by federal deposit insurance, so I'm not worried.)

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      is that spam? its so well written and on topic, but at the same time...

Thanks
      If it weren't for the fact the IP address is in the Philippines, while the poster claims to be in L.A....

Buh bye.

Otherwise, good effort!