•  

Thread: Canadian popularity

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Canadian popularity

We just returned from a trip to Montreal an Quebec City and I was astonished at the number of Aveo's (et al) we saw running around -- if you haven't actually seen it, I'm not sure you can actually imagine the success the vehicle seems to have had there.

Altogether, Canada blends a strange and comforting mix of North American and European elements...

Clearly the Canadians understand that you can drive a smaller car day in an day out -- and when you need more storage or utility you can add a roof rack.

We see this here in Virginia Beach where we are largely a tourist destination -- with many Canadian visitors. If you see a car with a full roof rack, it is most definitely Canadian... Americans seem to think you must buy the biggest car you'll ever need vs. the most appropriate for your daily needs with a hitch or rack for extra storage.

Either way, the Canadians sem to get the Aveo.. and its neat to see.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Canadian popularity

*Edited for lack of intelligence

my apologies. i did not see u were from US and thus thought u were insulting us.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      mikedudley17, thanks for responding... but before you actually get upset, you might actually read the post more closely. You're the one who is using foul language -- and doing the actual insulting.

It appears that you may not have actually read my post: In case you didn't notice, I'm not from Canada. I'm from Virginia Beach. And I didn't make the black and white statements you infer from my post.

But hey, give it a second try -- we might be closer in our interests than you realize.

From what I understand, plenty of Canadians drive big trucks... especially in the hinterlands where they really get the job done. Canadians ALSO seem to understand small cars and their place.

We really enjoyed Canada -- it's not the first time.

Beautiful country, very friendly people... who seem to understand how a little car of modest aspiration -- like the Aveo -- can fit into one's transportation needs. It was refreshing.

mikedudley17, you'll find this funny: we received a quarter inch of snow here last night... they'll probably close all the schools tomorrow!

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      <3 canada... people actually drive with intent on the QEW. As opposed to american interstates where people seem to drive as though they don't actually want to get anywhere... at least in any reasonable time.

I'm from staunton, va, btw... 30 minutes west of charlottesville... 2 man va aveo meet?
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Canadian popularity

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      *Edited for lack of intelligence

my apologies. i did not see u were from US and thus thought u were insulting us.
      No problem... we can all be too quick on the draw sometimes -- its a human thing.

I'm wondering if the banner photo I use on my posts threw you off... It looks a lot like a Canadian scene. The photo is actually a Kalos. I downloaded the photo from this site. I'm not sure even what country it is.

I love the contrast of the (oversaturated) orange of the Kalos and the snow:

Kalos vs. Getz vs. Panda

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      As a Canadian getting a roof rack for my Aveo, Thank you for the kind words.
      We have an 07' Jeep Liberty and on a 4000km summer vacation we opted to take the Aveo, and will again.
      This time last year here in Saskatoon we got 30cm of snow, 90km/h winds and 3 people died because they got out of there cars and tried to walk home in the storm...

06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.