Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can an '06 take E85 fuel?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: E85

Quote Originally Posted by sappy96
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      I don't think there is a conversion kit for E85. If there was it would be costly. Everything from the tank to the engine would need to be replaced, maybe not the tank itself but every connector, line and fitting. When E10 was released as a standard, it wreaked havoc in the marine industry with engines that were not suited for it. Everything from breakdown of the tank itself, to disintegration of fuel lines, to release of accumulated water and deposits. Many people spent thousands to retro fit their boats, some had to buy new engines. Therefore I would certainly not experiment with E85. Alternative fuels and fuel cells are the future, not E85. E85 will be like a VHS soon.
      Now thats silly, its the rubber lines if you have any.
      The marine industry is entirely different from auto industry.
      OK Sappy, then why don't you try E85 and report back to us. So you are telling me it is only the rubber? You don't have any gaskets anywhere in you fuel system? Shall I go on. Obviously you have no clue. So go ahead, try it.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I will have my wife find the site she found about converting to e-85.

Honestly I would run it in my silverado but I don't think it has the timing table for e-85

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sappy96
      I will have my wife find the site she found about converting to e-85.

Honestly I would run it in my silverado but I don't think it has the timing table for e-85
      E85 is less volatile than E10 or E15. Normal timing is alright. Like said previously, E85 eats gas lines, tank liners, gaskets...etc. Unless the vehicule is E85 rated, don't use E85. Is this so hard to understand?
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Converting a NON Flex Fuel vehicle to run on E85 ethanol can be accomplished by nearly anyone for under $400 and under $600 including additional high performance parts to increase MPG . This article demonstrates the steps I took to convert my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport to run on E85 .

.The basic issue with running E85 on non flex fuel vehicle is that Ethanol contains slightly less energy than gasoline.. you need about 10%-30% more fuel running through your injectors for the vehicle to run on E85 . If you just try and run E85 in a vehicle not designed to run e85 what happens is your Check Engine light will come on , your cars computer is telling you that the vehicle is running lean ( not enough fuel- and that is what will cause engine problems). That is the single largest problem to over come and backyard mechanics do everything from drilling out their carburetors to changing fuel injectors sizes but there is a far easier way using a product that is used and Government approved in Brazil (which has more Flex Fuel vehicles on the road than any other Nation)

http://e85vehicles.com/converting-e85.htm

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123