•  

Thread: Buying used car for delivery

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Buying used car for delivery

My wife is want to buy a new (used car). There's not lots of choice locally but, looking on Aveo, there are lots of garages and used car dealer near me that deliver the car to customers. Covid has certainly fed on this form of purchase, but how "safe" is it to buy this wat?

Last edited by deco; 11-11-2021 at 02:17 PM.

edk
      Thanks
      If you get one, get a manual trans model. I had to rebuild the auto trans on my ‘09’ twice before 90k miles

Thanks
      I concur. My manual 2007 Aveo has been flawless, reliable, economical. Had a valve cover gasket replacement, otherwise, just the usual service items. 36 MPG. But, and a big but, these cars require a driver who has an engineer's sense of machinery. It drives simply, powerfully, and happily at the hand of a sensitive driver. I'm convinced the various Aveo horror stories are from people who don't know cars. No offence intended, but did you grow up on a farm first running tractors???

edk
      Thanks
      My trans failed the first time due to a PLASTIC gear failure and the second time because the radiator failed and leaked coolant into the transmission.
      Last edited by edk; 11-11-2021 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

mine '09 AVEO5 LS 5sp, ecoII LXV 1.6LT engine Black Granite color

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
      My wife is want to buy a new (used car). There's not lots of choice locally but, looking on Aveo, there are lots of garages and used car dealer near me that deliver the car to customers. Covid has certainly fed on this form of purchase, but how "safe" is it to buy this wat?
      manual tranny a must ; something a must to look for with these engines , oil cooler has prone oilleaks into coolant from bad cooler to engine mounting design and gasket application, check of coolant from simply unscrewing pressure cap, any appearance of brown foamy substance , clear sign of oil has been infiltrating system, this is not by any means that cooler gasket has NOT been repaired already or that cooler was/is cause of contamination , cud also be head gasket, but this engine has had very few head gasket failures in my opinion, plus a lack of brown foam in crankcase(motor oil) easliy check by dipstick as oil pressure is higher than coolant pressure. Cooler located directly behind exhaust manifold, also is housing oil filter screws into, mounting bolts will show signs of fresh oil leaking or clean and dry indicating gasket has recently been replaced. This is also a zero clearance engine design , meaning engine valves have NO tolerance for being outta time with cam shafts, or bent valves will be serious repair fix, so strict adherence to timing belt replacement MUST BE REQUIRED every 100,000 miles, I cannot say how many yrs this engine was installed, but it started '09-'13 Taiwan engine varible valve timing, personally I love engine very quickto accelerate both in highway driving and stop n go traffic. A/C has some defects I think are mainly due to excessive moisture in system, other than that the LS model is the best model for this series Aveo5, demand mainteance records if possible, caveat-emptre

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Name:  IMG_20170715_143201224.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  301.8 KB'09 AVEO5 LS 1.6Lt LXV 5sp.

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      I have manual 2007, and used to have an '06 which only failed because I got lazy on doing the fourth timing belt. The '07 is doing great its rust that takes cars down here too bad because like was1958 says it just goes and goes.. saves me money and I don't miss the tens of thousands I would pay for an Audi or Mercedes or BMW maintenance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Aveo. Its everything you need in a car and that's about it

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      YES IT IS, with few minor improvements Kenwood music blasterw/ pioneer amp pumping into Rockford Fosgate 6x9z on new 3/4 black laminate MDFshelf behind rear still giving access to storage area; new set MONROE Gasmatic struts much smoother ride at 75+ when interstate driving needs call for it; new set ACHILLES ATR SPORT directional tread pattern tires really helps to keep that rollarskate inbetween ditches on rainy dayz; lil REPEL aerosol bug spray to bring clearness back to headlite lens is truly a magic trick Houdini wud be amazed by; bright red crazy 8-ball neoprene seat covers to add that lil pop when you open door; it still needs that one littlest of items in interior that makes statement "THIS AINT GRAMMAZ GROCERY GETTER" and that my friend is INDY alum T-HANDLE shifter knob, Theres one on all my TOYS except this one, I just aint figured out yet 'HOW TO' but i will it's only matter of time, this skate is only three yrs in making, as far as i can tell the rest is only a bad nightmare away, flames, SS stripes, limo tint, V8 supercharger poking out threw hood........eeeekkk. bumper sticker, ' STAY ON PORCH F U CANT RUN WITH BIG DOGS.....or ' STAY N UR LANE'....