•  

Thread: Barina Decision Looms

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Barina Decision Looms

Backstory:
      The Holden Barina is currently Kalos based, as is our Aveo. Among other issues the Ausies are trying to resolve, are which vehicle to rebadge as the next Barina.

The previous generation Barina was Opal based and had superior Australasian NCAP testing scores. FYI, the Barina's don't come with the head/thorax side airbags that our Aveo's do. The lowering of the NCAP scores pissed a lot of Australians off.

For more info, see the "Safety" section of (link WIKIPEDIA DAEWOO KALOS ARTICLE and link over from there to the Wikipedia Barina article -- which has more about the controversy.

Barina Decision Looms

Byron Mathioudakis
      22 January 2008
      (link http://www.goauto.com.au

Holden contemplates cheap versus chic for its next beep-beep baby.

GM Holden is believed to be on the brink of deciding which way to go for the look of its next Barina – Europe or Asia.

GoAuto has learned that the light-car priceleader’s fate will fall on newly appointed managing director and CEO, Mark Reuss.

“It’s still under consideration,” admitted outgoing Holden boss Chris Gubbey.

But, while a decision is expected within the next few weeks, Australia will have to wait until 2009 at the earliest to see the next all-new Barina (although a facelifted version of today’s car is coming mid-year).

Nevertheless, General Motors is working at full speed to have the next Opel/Vauxhall Corsa/Chevrolet Aveo/Holden Barina ready as soon as possible.

“It’s going to be (here) sooner than you think,” Mr Reuss revealed.

(link
      Click here to continue article

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I really liked the previous version of the Barina. There was a "sport" version with 120 ponies. Musta been fun.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.