•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: auto or manual?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Unhappy auto or manual?

First off I have a 06 sedan with manual trans. I am wondering how you like your setup for the type of driving you do.. I drive mostly hwy when I was working anyway and I catch myself looking for that 6th gear they forgot to install in this linkage. I wish there was one more gear to drop those rpms somemore. Around town I don't think you can bet the manual,but then again I only drove an auto once when test driving . What do you guys with auto's think of your setup? good on hwy or are the rpms up there pretty high? Mine does 3000 at 65 or so. I do alot of hypermiling and like the manual for that as well. I do alot of coasting in "n" with engine off and bump starting...

'06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: auto or manual?

My 05 sedan is an auto and cruising on the highway at 65 the rpm rests between 2000-2500. In the city its very hard to reach that 4th gear in an auto since it shifts into 4th at like 50. So in the city it stays reving alot. Any other auto aveo owners got input?

Thanks

Makes lots of sense then why people are not happy with them who only drive the city .
      '06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Yea and chevy isnt willing to make a different tuned ecu to fix it.

Thanks

kinda says something....they want this little thing to fail. to bump people into the pricier cobalt...? it's a big conspiracy
      '06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hammsaveo
      kinda says something....they want this little thing to fail. to bump people into the pricier cobalt...? it's a big conspiracy
      LOL... or they don't want to spend more money on the car because if you spend more money on it, it's cost for them goes up, so the profit goes down... just another theory...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

The cobalt has already failed and is being replaced. The aveo is moving up anyhow, the next generation is bigger, Probably more expensive and being built on us soil.

They are bringing the spark as the new entry level car.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      The aveo is moving up anyhow, the next generation is bigger, Probably more expensive and being built on us soil.

So one is moving up and is being built in US (not a rebadged anything, and since it's US workers making it, the price will go up), and the entry level is still a re-badged Korean Daewoo Matiz.

So GM's entry level car from 89 to 01 was a foreign made Geo Metro (Suzuki Swift), then Korean made Chevy Aveo (Daewoo Kalos), and now it's going to Chevrolet Spark (Matiz), also foreign made? I guess the only way to keep the car entry-level cheap is outsource it, huh?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddemonx92
      My 05 sedan is an auto and cruising on the highway at 65 the rpm rests between 2000-2500. In the city its very hard to reach that 4th gear in an auto since it shifts into 4th at like 50. So in the city it stays reving alot. Any other auto aveo owners got input?
      you know what i think about the auto tranny

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      The aveo is moving up anyhow, the next generation is bigger, Probably more expensive and being built on us soil.

So one is moving up and is being built in US (not a rebadged anything, and since it's US workers making it, the price will go up), and the entry level is still a re-badged Korean Daewoo Matiz.

So GM's entry level car from 89 to 01 was a foreign made Geo Metro (Suzuki Swift), then Korean made Chevy Aveo (Daewoo Kalos), and now it's going to Chevrolet Spark (Matiz), also foreign made? I guess the only way to keep the car entry-level cheap is outsource it, huh?
      This is where GMs biggest risk is. In my opinion GM still build cars as people movers for the "uncaring" "unintelligent" us population. They think we do not recognize their short cuts etc..

that said i think GM is taking a huge risk building the cruze and aveo in the us (for US market only from what i have heard) that is putting your car on display to show american build quality and work ethics side by side with a korean built car that is supposed to be exactly the same and manufactured cheaper than its US replica.

If you look at the build quality, fit and finish of the cobalt to the aveo, the aveo wins hands down. You compare the cobalt to any foreign car, its a loss in material selections etc for the window price. the only reason it does so well is the knock 1/3 of the price off the car several times a year or monthly to sell it. But since you cannot compare two different cars the finish quality between them is different you cant compare.. so this was never brought to the attention full scale.

Now you take the exact same car, put it side by side and compare. the only variables are supposedly price, and the workers building the car. Who does it better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast