•  
    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Add a DIC instrument cluster to a 2010 Aveo5 LS

Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Anyone interested in the parts for the factory look? I still have my spare cluster for sale with the proper gauge face, select button, and clear cover.

Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

fbc
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I told my wife last night that I was going to add a DIC to car. She said "There is already one behind the steering wheel."

parum, pum (RIP Rodney)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Just wanted to get something cleared up... I can take my cluster out, cut away the plastic from above the odometer, and the DIC will be visible? I then need to remove the LCD to wire a button to change the display?

if I don't wire the button, what will be displayed?

I was looking at getting a scangauge but if I could just do this that wound suffice. Any help would be appreciated.

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      That depends on the year of your car. If your cluster looks like the ones in this thread, you would be able to do it. I think the display is estimated miles to empty by default. FWIW, I didn't think the MPG display was terribly useful; it displays a running average, not real time data.

If you're looking to have the outside temp display, make sure your car is wired for the sensor; I don't think the sedans are.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
      That depends on the year of your car. If your cluster looks like the ones in this thread, you would be able to do it. I think the display is estimated miles to empty by default. FWIW, I didn't think the MPG display was terribly useful; it displays a running average, not real time data.

If you're looking to have the outside temp display, make sure your car is wired for the sensor; I don't think the sedans are.
      this is why I liked my old Plymouth; the Battery Temperature Sensor mounted on the back of the Bumper Reinforcement Beam pulled double duty as both the Battery Temp Sensor, and the Ambient Temperature Sensor. that way, when I installed my CMTC (Compass Mini Trip Computer) the Outside Temp Data (as well as the fuel Mileage data) was already there for the Trip Computer to display.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I took my POS thru inspection and it failed because the check engine light does not work, I took it to my mechanic and he said he could not get the cluster I needed used and if I found one he could put it in, but from what I have been reading, it would still need to go to the dealer? for relearning? do you have any ideal what all this should cost? I have a 2008 Aveo LS, would the cluster you have work for me or do you have any suggestions?

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      If that was directed at me, my cluster was sold months ago. If your 2008 has the same type of cluster (GMLAN) then I would expect any of the clusters to work, however the CPP (if manual) and CKP relearns will need to be done. I don't think the relearns would be required if you don't have a GMLAN car. I was quoted $165 to program the replacement ODO to the correct mileage if that matters. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market should have about 7,287 clusters available if you're sure a cluster will fix your problem.

If you do need the relearns done, they take about 1 minute a piece once the car is in the shop and connected. Expect to pay one hour of labor...anything less you should be happy. Keep in mind, you will not be able to engage the starter motor with the key until the CPP relearn is done if you have a standard transmission.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ihatemycar View Post
      I took my POS thru inspection and it failed because the check engine light does not work, I took it to my mechanic and he said he could not get the cluster I needed used and if I found one he could put it in, but from what I have been reading, it would still need to go to the dealer? for relearning? do you have any ideal what all this should cost? I have a 2008 Aveo LS, would the cluster you have work for me or do you have any suggestions?
      you light does not come on when you put the key into the on position before you start the car?

do you have a sedan or a hatch?

If you own a hatch you most likely only need to replace the clock unit. @ $30. If it is not the clock, you will need to ecu/pcm that most likely needs to be programmed, but not entirely sure of that.

if you have the newer style dash, in the sedan, I believe the bulb can be replaced.

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      if you have the newer style dash, in the sedan, I believe the bulb can be replaced.
      I think the only lights in the newer cluster that are replaceable bulbs are the turn signal and highbeam indicators.

Pics here: http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/a...tml#post154704

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i believe the 07-08 sedan cluster is different than ours in a few ways.. but you are probably right.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast