•  
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Add a DIC instrument cluster to a 2010 Aveo5 LS

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      GML-LAN is RHB....If your going to swap out your cluster with another one, then you need to Program it to your vehicle. The codes you got were probably from switching the cluster and trying to start it, then switching back to your original cluster. swwapping parts for testing purposes in these cars is limited to basic motors and solenoids, but anything considered a module (ie cluster, tcm, bcm, radio etc...) needs to be programmed first as a rule of thumb. you might get lucky and it'll just work, but since the IPC is part of theft deterent, probably not. However if you have a pic of the 2 clusters i'd be intrested in seeing the difference as I've never seen an Aveo with a DIC

Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      GMLAN is actually WHB for my car..according to the FSM. Not sure how I got GHB. The Aveo DIC is not much of a DIC when compared to the rest of GM's DIC's. I have no doubt plugging in a different cluster is what caused my problems. It is yet to be seen whether I'll be able to just do the relearns and go or if I'll need to do more.

This is not my pic, but it is an Aveo with the DIC.

Last edited by wylee; 08-31-2011 at 09:36 PM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Russian aveo owners open this DIC. DIC is installed every Aveo. but you need to cut a window and solder resistor

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Your right it is WHB, I stand corrected. As for your codes:
      DTC P080A: Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) Not Learned
      DTC P1336: Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned

I'll have to wait til I get home to see the pic...the filters at work are stopping it from coming up
      Last edited by Ratchet104; 09-01-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      Yeah, I knew what they were. Thanks for posting the exact text though; it may help someone in the future who finds this thread.

My problem was that I did not have a CANdi module to allow my Tech2 to talk to my car. All is well now; the CANdi came yesterday and I did both learns today.

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Seregga View Post
      Russian aveo owners open this DIC. DIC is installed every Aveo. but you need to cut a window and solder resistor
      I wish I knew where to hook up to the back of a GM-LAN car IPC. All the postings I found on the Russian Aveo Club site shown non GM-LAN cars. I've uncovered the DIC in my car, but without unsoldering the lcd screen and separating the printed circuit board from the white plastic I can't tell where the connection would need to go.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I have an 08 Aveo5 LT - do you think mine would also have this "hidden" gem? If so, which information displays - mpg (current/live)? temps (in/out), etc?

Seems to me I saw a Chinese-version replacement for the instrument cluster in a forum/thread somewhere, but cannot find it again: My odometer is "pixelating" on occasion, and from what I hear there's no individual component replacement available: Dealer advises $200 ~ $500, depending on the number string from the back of mu factory cluster... and suggestions?

Thanks!

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ResqDogz View Post
      I have an 08 Aveo5 LT - do you think mine would also have this "hidden" gem? If so, which information displays - mpg (current/live)? temps (in/out), etc?

Seems to me I saw a Chinese-version replacement for the instrument cluster in a forum/thread somewhere, but cannot find it again: My odometer is "pixelating" on occasion, and from what I hear there's no individual component replacement available: Dealer advises $200 ~ $500, depending on the number string from the back of mu factory cluster... and suggestions?

Thanks!
      It is almost guaranteed you have the DIC hidden, but without a way to change the display, all you'll get is estimated miles to empty.

As far as changing the cluster, If you can get a new one for $300, it would probably be cheaper than getting a used ($50 - $100) one, getting the mileage (~$150) corrected, and then going back to the dealer ($30 - $150) for the relearns.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Thanks, Wylee! Would the new one from the dealer (mileage corrected) require "relearns", too?

Reading the above links it seems that they were able to add the controls (as least, I THING so: the translations were pretty bad)??

If I pull my present cluster to simply replace a bulb (odometer), do I need to disconnect the positive battery terminal, and will THAT require "relearn", too... or are the bulbs accessible by simply popping the plastic cover off, removing the screws and tilting the entire cluster forward far enough to remove and insert the replacement bulb WIHTOUT completely disconnecting everything?

Thanks again for your advice!

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      In my 2010, the bulbs are not bulbs; they are led's soldered on the circuit board. As far as relearns with the new cluster, they would probably need to be done but that's not a big deal. When the dealer installs a new cluster, they use the Service Programming System to transfer the mileage from the old cluster. With the car already hooked up for the programming, the relearns will hardly make any difference in the labor time.

I unplugged my cluster again after I did my relearns to correct the pins (I didn't get the tach and speedo pins on quite perfectly when I had the cluster apart) and I did not have to do the relearns again when I plugged it back in.

I don't have any personal experience with an 08, so hopefully someone else can chime in to confirm whether 08 and 10 are close to the same. Your cluster does look like the one in post #22 minus the button in the tach, right?

Last edited by wylee; 09-01-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast