•  

Thread: 2011 Aveo Spied?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2011 Aveo Spied?

while surfing the daily automotive news I came across this interesting article with photos.
      http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090305.015 ... -2011-aveo
      What do you all think?, I'll personally be surprised if they do continue on with the Aveo name.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: 2011 Aveo Spied?

There are some distinct Aveo lines...Although I wouldn't believe the 2011 date...maybe 2012? But I know nothing.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

thats a nice lookin interior

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

looks like it is next step towards the 2010 aveo prototype:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      looks like it is next step towards the 2010 aveo prototype:

Thats not an actual GM rendering, thats just a fantasy photochop someone made.

Thanks

In my expert of cars opinion... I wanna say yes it is, with confidence of 80%

The reasons:

-Hood lines are similar in shape, they turn towards the windshield at the ends like the current aveo although the lines are hanging over the front quarter panels, unlike the current aveos where the lines are set inside the the panel. The holes in the top of the hood throw me off a little but are most likely just blocks put in the distort the shape.
      -The grill is similar, with a big bowtie bar across the middle with a little grill on top and most underneath it, with a little dip in the middle
      -The side markers are in virtually the same location, set a few inches in front of the doors and a couple inches below the body profile line
      -The front bumper hangs over the front wheel the same as the current hatchbacks, almost as far out as well
      -The side mirrors are shaped similar but more pointy, and the plastic frame at the base of the mirrors is similar as well, and notice the black painted area just behind the front door windows - the Aveo has vinyl or something pieces similar in nature.
      -The rear bumper's overhang behind the rear wheel is similar.
      -Looking at the picture of the rear; the muffler tip and the rear hook just below the spare tire well are the same
      -The taillights look like the natural evolution of the current aveo except now the light housings are now completely separated.

The only thing I am concerned about that tell me it might not be the next Aveo is that the head lights look too advanced for a subcompact car, almost like a Mitsu Lancer's. If this is the next gen Aveo I do not believe those would be featured.

However, if Chevy has decided that the Aveo should be the answer to the Focus, or the upcoming Fiesta, I'm sure there might be a performance increase and more aggressive styling, at least for Euro/US.

That's my expert opinion

"If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314