•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '06 Aveo: The Single Most Terrifying Car I've Ever Owned

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      back in '09 i full on rally tested my aveo on an extremely pothole filled forestry road. in just less than six minutes the front suspension and steering took what i would describe as 'a very serious, considerable' amount of abuse during this test. now being stubborn, but positive i one by one assessed what damage i caused to the vehicle to get it back to 100% or at least as darn close. trust me it is possible, and i only took my car to the same dealership so that i knew, and they knew that we were making progress. not trying to say that what your going through isn't frustrating but you can get to the bottom of the situation with perseverance, and learn a lot too along the way. btw i am assuming you are on new rims, right? i found that many shops will balance wheels and not even tell the owner that although balanced rotationally, that they have a lateral wobble. so even after the control arms, strut mounts, steering linkage, etc, i was still running on warped rims (knowingly) that i swear made me believe the rotors needed to be machined, but alas it was another reason altogether. my thoughts of recommendation are take a breather, choose one shop, and have the mechanic take the car out for a spin with you in the passenger seat before you even start. it can be done, and yes six minutes of fun isn't always worth it

Last edited by northguest47; 12-24-2013 at 04:36 AM.

What do you mean there's no turbo? AveoJoe's Avatar
      Thanks
      My Aveo was eating up tires but that was until i changed the lower control arms and struts then went out and had the front alignment. no more steering wheel shakes

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Now, on top of everything, I have an oil leak. Fabulous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12