•  

Thread: Well A Possilbe Simple/Cheap Repair. I HOPE!!! (Passenger airbag light on)

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

Well A Possilbe Simple/Cheap Repair. I HOPE!!! (Passenger airbag light on)

I didnt know where to post this. So I am putting it in here. Is the passenger side airbag 'light' that shows like an airbag deployed with a person strapped in the seat, on the dashboard thing with the clock and other idiot lights,on the top of the dashboard. Is it suppose to stay lit, when no one is in the passenger seat? I know the written warning of, 'Passenger Airbag is not active' or something like that, that is on the far LEFT side of the display is suppose to be on when no one is in the seat. I have it covered up with a slip of paper, it is freaking annoying! BUT is that 'icon' on the far RIGHT side suppose to be ON when no one is in the seat to? Or do I have a problem?

I am so use to ignoring that panel, except for the engine light, and the clock, that I dont pay attention to that 'icon'. So...do I have some kind of problem with the passenger side airbag, I assume in the dash, or is it for the side seat airbag?? Or is that 'icon' suppose to be on when no one is in the seat? I cant find it in the manual. IF there is a problem with the 'warning system' for that seat, would that be covered by Chevy,since it is a safety issue? Like the seatbelts. Or is it my problem,as usual?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I am not sure of the function of the light. Someone else will need to chime in on that. It is not likely covered anymore, but it is also most like an issue with the seat; either the plug under the seat is loose, corroded. It could also be the sensor in the seat that determines the weight to come on.

Its pretty easy to check the plug, but be careful you don't want to set anything off.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Pretty sure the layout is the same for all years but im not confident.

On my 08 there are 2 airbag indicators:

One is located in the driver side instrumentation cluster that lights up as red with a persons face being punched with an airbag, That one means something is wrong and the bags may be disabled(so dont crash into anything).

Second one is in the center atop the dash directly above the radio with the text "Passenger Airbag" which is lit at all times with an accompanying indicator to the right of the text [ON] when there is someone sitting and [OFF] when no one is sitting, this whole indicator is lit in yellow.