•  

Thread: My 06 aveo is reading code p02076

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Exclamation My 06 aveo is reading code p02076

Yesterday day on my way to work my car ran fine. When I went to leave work later on in the evening my car started right up but then died and my brakes stiffined up. I turned it off waited a couple mins then tried again it fired right up but when I put it in gear it don't do anything again I shut it off and waited a couple more mins I started it for a third time but this time it was a little hesitant but started I was able to pull out of my parking spot but when I put it in drive and gave it some gas it died on me again and I had to coast it into another parking spot. From then on when I start it its very hesitant and only runs for a min then dies everything in the car lights radio windows still work. I had to have the car towed home I hooked up a code reader and I got p02076 and p00031. Please help what could it be?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Any work done recently on this vehicle? A real-time data stream reader would be nice to have but if you don't, then start by disconnecting the intake tube from the air filter box. If no change, then spray a small bit of carb cleaner into the intake to find out if it will run better and longer on that. No need to use very much, as it's just a quick test.

I could write a bunch more, but first let's see what you have to say about those things, because many first-time posters never reply at all.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Nothing major done recently to the car I did replace the battery about two weeks ago. I'll try doing what you have mentioned and see what happens. Thanks for the help

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Name:  0996b43f80202e86.jpg
Views: 8045
Size:  39.8 KB

Your first code, P2076 is saying there is something wrong with the Intake Manifold Tuning valve. Which could cause the second code to show up, P0031. It's a long shot but I would check the connectors on the intake tuning valve sensor for corrosion. If there is any, clean it and reconnect and see if the code goes away. The other code P0031 refers to your upstream O2 sensor. It's saying something is wrong with the sensor like the wiring, connector or the sensor is just bad. But I would check the P2076 first before replacing any parts and see if both codes goes away.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Name:  0996b43f80202e88.jpg
Views: 4846
Size:  38.8 KB

Here is a better pictures.. It will be Number 6 on the diagram. I would even check hoses that connects to it and check if it's loose or have any cracks in it.

Last edited by jamesd; 08-31-2016 at 08:22 PM.