•  

Thread: 2009 Chevy Aveo p2122

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2009 Chevy Aveo p2122

It’s my first time posting here so I appreciate any responses and help on this! I bought a 2009 Chevy Aveo 5 recently that had been sitting for a few years. I got the car running but it seems to be stuck in limp mode. I can get it to rev up enough to drive around very slowly but that’s about it. I’m getting a p2122 code so I replaced the throttle pedal along with the throttle body which didn’t make any change and the code resets itself immediately after being cleared. I’ve checked all the fuses and have tried to inspect any wires that I can see and clean all the grounds. Also I noticed that when I press the brake pedal even slightly the engine does not rev up at all and when I unplug the brake pedal switch connector it doesn’t rev up at all either. I’m at a loss as to what’s going on here and am looking for any ideas of things to check, thanks!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      From the factory manual, a P2122 means the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 signal is being shorted to ground. Its probably time to start poking around with a multimeter.

Here's a technical description of the system

"The accelerator pedal assembly contains 2 accelerator pedal position (APP) sensors. The APP sensors are mounted to the accelerator pedal assembly and are not serviceable. The APP sensors provide a signal voltage that changes relative to pedal position. The engine control module (ECM) supplies each APP sensor with a 5-volt reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and a signal circuit."

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2009 aveo LT with Chevrolet Cruze engine goes into limp mode and won’t Rev

Quote Originally Posted by Garagewrencher View Post
      ItÂ’s my first time posting here so I appreciate any responses and help on this! I bought a 2009 Chevy Aveo 5 recently that had been sitting for a few years. I got the car running but it seems to be stuck in limp mode. I can get it to rev up enough to drive around very slowly but thatÂ’s about it. IÂ’m getting a p2122 code so I replaced the throttle pedal along with the throttle body which didnÂ’t make any change and the code resets itself immediately after being cleared. IÂ’ve checked all the fuses and have tried to inspect any wires that I can see and clean all the grounds. Also I noticed that when I press the brake pedal even slightly the engine does not rev up at all and when I unplug the brake pedal switch connector it doesnÂ’t rev up at all either. IÂ’m at a loss as to whatÂ’s going on here and am looking for any ideas of things to check, thanks!
      I changed my injector and the problem grew worse

Now the car would start and not run, they’ve instructed that I get a new brain box of ECU Because it keeps showing me RAM error when I scan it