•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonic Z Spec concept & other Sonic info

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet104 View Post
      That color scheme is hideous..
      Ratchet you are too kind. I remember growing up in that era and just remember all the cars and planes in that color. My father worked at IBM and years later in the 90's I got a job there and if I will be damned. The cheap bastards still had conference rooms in those lovely browns, oranges and yellows. So Ratchet when you say that color scheme is hideous you are far too kind.

Name:  77pacer_wgn.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  76.5 KB

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet104 View Post
      That color scheme is hideous..however even if the turbo is part of the manifold the only issues would be space/fitment..and I feel like fitment wont be an issue assuming the 1.4 and 1.6 are virtually identical from what I've read

Did anyone else notice they put that spoiler on top of the other spoiler? or is it just an optical illusion of some sort?
      I agree with what xintersecty said. That was putting it nicely. I have some choice words for that kind of paint job/layout, but I don't think I need to go there.

I didn't notice the spoilers until I read what you typed. It looks like they did. With my preferences, I'd probably have that top one removed. I wouldn't care about the other one if it came with the car or not. But I'd keep that one if I got it on my car.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the funny thing is, that color looks like it is just black metallic, but with the wheels and lighting etc it comes off as brown.

that car is definitely on a little white (or brown) grain diet.

What do you mean there's no turbo? AveoJoe's Avatar
      Thanks
      Did anyone else notice they put that spoiler on top of the other spoiler? or is it just an optical illusion of some sort? Y did not see that. Why would do that? They need to hire some one that knows how to hook up the AVEO. Them colors SUCK!

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Yea i think they did put 2 spoilers on it. However the way they designed the car looks like the bottom spoiler doesnt stick out too much. I dont think it looks that bad. Thats just my opinion but i would probably buy a Z-spec if it looked like that. Or maybe chevy just wants all model hatchbacks to come with the bottom spoiler.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      "z" designation used to mean a bigger/better engine to go with those graphics.. not colorful wheels.

Thanks
      Pacer x was my sisters first car. That thing was fast.

Thanks

Thanks
      The "brown" metallic or deep charcoal metallic or whatever shade it is under whatever lighting doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, I like that aspect. It's the Micheal Meyers Halloween orange on the wheels, the spoiler ( in the true sense of the word describing what it does to this car's looks ) and the stripe all of which look horrid. They have accurately captured the horrendous style of some street customizers though, maybe that is a demographic they intended to "appeal" to- hilarious!

Steve

Thanks
      Here's a link to the Z car:2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec Concept picture: 388677 - Top Speed
      Check out all the photos and details listed in the text. the semi- 3/4 view in the above link doesn't accentuate the front-end length and complements the silhouette. Something that has bothered me since looking at last year's photos of the Aveo version of a Z concept- the thickness of the C pillar area. I can see why. Yes the steel C pillar behind the rear door frame is thicker on the production Sonic/Aveo- but what really makes it look like a "safety car" is how the rear integral spoiler ( not the monstrous wing attached atop it in the Z Sonic photos ) wraps around the sides of the rear hatch glass. Either reverting to the earlier 2008-2009 spoiler that stops at the top edge of the hatch glass ( see the photo two posts above this ) or severely trimming the sides of the new "wrap-around" spoiler would definitely
      reduce the "Brinks Security" look in this area. Playing around with the matte black and car color proportions on the door frames, and particularly where the rear door latch is would address the "heaviness" one can see as compared to the razor sharp dimensions on the blue Aveo concept car.

Opinions? Facts?

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12