Hello there folks!
I run a little side gig renting out "budget friendly" cars on a couple platforms like Turo and Fluid. I've been looking to replace my 2002 Corolla that kicked the bucket and is not worth fixing (failed/jumped timing chain).
I came across an 09' Aveo that needs a some body work (new passenger door, fender, and front bumper cover). The seller also says that it recently had new brake pads, and coolant hoses, but that it has a small oil leak (probably a valve cover gasket if I were to guess?).
It's got 105k mi, and the seller is only asking $1,000 for it, which sounds to me like a pretty good deal (especially for Southern California) even despite the work that it needs. I can handle fixing it up body wise, and doing whatever maintenance it needs. Not sure if it has had the timing belt done or not, but I'll just assume I need to replace it (it can't be worse than my 97' Rav4 I did a few months back).
What common issues should I look for/expect from this car if I go to look at it? I've heard the earlier Aveos were pretty junky, but that the newer ones were much better. Should I run away and look for a different option, or does this seem like a solid car?
Thanks in advance!