•  

Thread: Wave '08 Clock and Odometer Problem

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Wave '08 Clock and Odometer Problem

Hi,

I've been reading this forum since a while but today I wanted to register because I have a small technical problem that I can't solve.

I currently own a Wave '08 Hatchback. The car is running fine since I got it... small problem and maintenance there and there but, all good in general ! I have however two small problem. I hope you guys can help me to solve those problemw (I would like to avoid the dealer in this case).

My first problem is the clock. Sometime, the clock just go away and it come back randomly. I suspect a loose cable behind the LED. Other icons next to it are always working and have no problem. I am looking for a HOW-TO disamble the clock so I can see if it's a loose connection or if I need to replace the LED. I've been looking but all I find is for sedan car (the plastic arround it is different).

My second problem is my odometer. 90% of the time, it's working great but the other 10%, I don't see every numbers correctly. Numbers become "fractured". If I hit the button to change from trip A to B let's say, sometime it come back ok. Any ideas ?

Thank you guys (and girls!)

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      I had my car in two weeks ago regarding an engine light and asked them to look at the fractured odometer on my 08 Aveo since i have the extended warranty.....they said they needed to replace the instrument cluster, the cost was $600.00 excluding tax and my so called bumper to bumper extended warranty did not even cover it so I refused to get it fixed. I can live with it for now and in the future, if needed, I will replace it myself or just get a new car by then.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo5_boy View Post
      I had my car in two weeks ago regarding an engine light and asked them to look at the fractured odometer on my 08 Aveo since i have the extended warranty.....they said they needed to replace the instrument cluster, the cost was $600.00 excluding tax and my so called bumper to bumper extended warranty did not even cover it so I refused to get it fixed. I can live with it for now and in the future, if needed, I will replace it myself or just get a new car by then.
      That's why I want to avoid the dealer... the price is rediculus for a so little part... Thank for your feedback.