Hi all,

My Automatic Aveo is only 3 year old and I love her dearly. Unfortunately, I've been involved in a quite ugly crash 2 months ago, but I got it fixed and took it back home only 2 weeks ago. The internal damage was only in the front left wheel.

Today as I was driving to work, I noticed my RPM going unusually high - up to 3k-4k as I was driving with a normal 50 km/h speed, not going over 70km/h. As it's idling, it wouldn't go under 1200 or so. I've done some research, and it might be the cold weather and heating that's causing the RPMs but I don't remember it going crazy like this before.

This was not the only problem however, 20 minutes after noticing the weird RPM, my Traction Control light turned itself on. I re-started my engine and the light was gone but I'm still a bit worried. I've never had this happening before. I haven't touched anything, my hands were on the wheel.

What could the issue be? Could these 2 problems be connected to each other? I'm taking it to the showroom where I bought it on Wednesday, but would it be safe to keep driving until then?

Thanks!