•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turns over but will not start

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      rereading the thread, it "seems" the ecu is not signaling the fuel pump to allow the car to start, if the fuses are all good, the CEL isn't coming on, and still no fuel, i would suspect the ecu too. Before spending the money, i would verify power at the harness on the ecu, and then check for voltage on the signal wire coming out of the ecu for the fuel pump. (since you have the manuals)

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      I think pull a plug off one of the sensors to see if I could trigger a check engine light before replacing the ECM. A bad crank sensor would cause you to not have fuel or spark and I've heard of a few cases where it prevented the fuel pump from priming. Not sure I'd recommend pulling the CKPS plug until your pretty sure that's it though....you could end up with the P1336 code and the trip to the dealer that goes with it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Wondering if you've had any resolution with this issue. My wife has the same car and she experienced the "no start" issue yesterday morning. Turns over strong but acts like it's out of gas even though it has half a tank.

Thanks
      Car is still dead, I bought a Spare ECU off ebay and still the same results.
      I had no time at the weekend, But I intend to try the sensors as suggested and also the Harness at the fuse box to see if the problem the distribution block

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      to reiterate, did you check the fuel pressure in the rail? put your finger on each injector (while cranking) to feel if they are clicking? Have you checked spark? mist the wires and retry? mist the coil pack and try again?

If you have done all of that, do it again. The battery is new, the car cranks to speed correct?

Thanks

I've tried everything you've tried also...

Quote Originally Posted by MNColin View Post
      Car is still dead, I bought a Spare ECU off ebay and still the same results.
      I had no time at the weekend, But I intend to try the sensors as suggested and also the Harness at the fuse box to see if the problem the distribution block
      I've tried everything you've tried, plus more. I'm having the exact same problem. No gas or spark. My shop had performed an engine swap on it, and it ran fine at first. It was taken for a test drive, and about 1/4 of a mile down the road it died, and that's what led up to this.
      If I jump the relay for the fuel pump, I get gas. Hooked it up to an OBD2 scanner and it said "Not Equipped" when it comes to the ECU. My next step would have been replacing the ECU, but considering that didn't help you, I'm having second thoughts. Did an all over check of grounds and connections, and checked all fuses/relays, to no avail. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours? Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by AkVirgo; 02-19-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
      I've had the same problem. I tried messing with the ECU by jumping the ground to the body. and it worked. fuel pump back to normal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123