•  

Thread: Surging...

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Surging...

2010 lt, car idles fine but surges/misses? While driving, cel code has the first O2 sensor bad up front, replaced it now says the heat range is wrong, what can cause surging in my car and is it possible to just have the wrong heat range O2 sensor when it was recommended for this car? Thanx for any help

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by cam68 View Post
      2010 lt, car idles fine but surges/misses? While driving, cel code has the first O2 sensor bad up front, replaced it now says the heat range is wrong, what can cause surging in my car and is it possible to just have the wrong heat range O2 sensor when it was recommended for this car? Thanx for any help
      I don't know about the surging. But regarding the O2 sensor, I believe you may be referring to the heater resistance out of range. As I mentioned in a similar post a couple months back, 2009-2011 Aveos have a very narrow range for O2 sensor resistances. If you install a non-AC Delco O2 sensor, there is a very high likelihood that the O2 sensor resistances will be outside of range. To clear the code, you must do a manual re-learn with a Tech2 tool. Disconnecting the battery will not cause the ECM to re-learn the new O2 sensor's resistance. You must use a Tech2 tool, or else use a AC Delco O2 sensor.

Deano

Thanks
      can i just change the o2 to the acdelco or still hafta use the tech2 tool??

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by cam68 View Post
      can i just change the o2 to the acdelco or still hafta use the tech2 tool??

If I was in the same situation as you, and I didn't have easy access to a Tech2 tool, and didn't want to visit a GM dealer to get them to use a Tech2 tool, then I would just replace the O2 sensor with a new AC Delco O2 sensor, clear the trouble codes, and go from there. There is a very good likelihood that the electrical characteristics of the new AC Delco O2 sensor will be very close to the original O2 sensor, and therefore, won't require a Tech2 tool ECM re-learn.

Deano

Thanks
      I'm dealing with something to this effect now. The idle acts as if it wants to stall, but not... and, on occasion the motor will hiccup on me. I might be climbing a back road at 50mph and like misfires. Are we having similar issues ?