•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange POP, internal backfire?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      with intake and exhaust on my matrix id get a popping every now and then...but from the exhaust...

what happens in mine, and im not sure if the aveo does it too, is that with the intake and exhaust, the ecu starts running a little rich sensing the increased cooler air coming in.....

so what happens is that not all of the gas is burned in the combustion chamber and once it hits the hot exhaust header or exhaust pipe it explodes/pops....

could this be happening to you?

when you stab the gas hard youre dumping a bunch of fuel at the engine, not all is combusted and it seems likely that the excess is blowing up in your exhaust header...

Yay for productive replies!

I have about 42,000 miles, so roughly 68,000km.

Barber- that's a great guess. That might just be it?
      But you did say "stab" the gas. It happens under 10% throttle, but I think it is still a possiblity.

Thanks for the positive replies, maybe I can get a mechanic to agree

EDIT PS- this is a new account, most likely my other one is being deleted because of exodus, I am sorry we argued but 1) it wasn't cool to be told I can't drive 2) Explanation of deleted posts would have been nice.

Exodus- I am sorry. Please do not "ban" this account.
      I really would love the help you guys have hear. Please also disregard my PM, as it was 4:50am and I was getting ready for work, after only 3 hours sleep. I am sorry - this is a place for help. I will keep my temper out of sight. I just hate being harrassed. (not by you)
      If you agree- maybe you can just delete this whole thread and I will restart it. I tried appologizing to birdbrain, but apparently he wants no say in that, so I would think its safe to assume he'll stay out of the thread anyway.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      ""Also, anyone notice when accelerating a slight tugging almost like loss of power / gain power back, over and over about 5-6 times until about 4kRPM? Once I hit the valve timing thing, it takes off like a rocket.""

My '06 had a little stumble like this when new...it dosent do it anymore (14k mi)

30 MPG avg.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123