•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silent Service Bulletin

I agree- if this is a problem on our Aveo's, it should be a recall!!! Why should I have had to go through this ordeal if it WAS under warranty?!? After this, I'm buying a Kia with the 100,000 mile warranty....my entire family is UAW workers, but if this is how they treat us, then all loyalty is right out the window...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      ....i think we should have a chat with the better business bureau about this...
      The BBB doesn't do ****. I filed a complaint with them this summer about a dealership that totally screwed me over. We had a written agreement for me to buy the car. I came back a few days later and they had sold it and made no apologies or in no way tried to help me out. Never heard back from the BBB. I've also filed a claim with them about a business deal gone bad. No one answered the one time they called the number I gave them, so they just gave up. You can try if you want though.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      wow, sounds like american car companies are corrupted......terrorism anyone? lol j/k j/k

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Thanks Dragon, you saved a lot of us frustration in the future...
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Not a problem..figured I've save everyone the sleuthing you have do to even find out about this bulletin.

Swift+ Timing Belt

I have a Mars green '04 Swift that I got on December 31st of '03. (Like the one on the top of the page! Sort of.)

It's got almost 99,000 km's on it and I know I HAVE TO change the timing belt real soon. Since I drive my truck home now, the car sits most of the time in the driveway.

The Suzuki dealer told me the other day that they have changed three timing belts recently, one under warranty, and I'd better do it soon.

I'm a nervous wreck waiting for the belt to let go every time I go the store!

I wonder if Suzuki had a similar notice out on timing belt failures?

Cameron

So I can take my car to the Chevy Dealership with a printout of the TSB and they will replace the timing belt for me under warranty? I have 54,100 miles on the car. The belt is still good, I haven't had time to inspect it, but if they will replace it for free under the 5/60K warranty, then let them do it and I will finsh with oil change, tranny flush, wire change, etc...

GM has to get on the ball...even my mother's Impala LS (2002) is already developing the No/Hard start, ABS and traction control problems. She hates it and wants to get rid of it. Seems to be that after 2000, problems started developing on these cars. I sometimes miss my 1995 Silverado...that truck was nice and ran without any problems.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      I wouldn't take any chances....Cheap to change the timing belt compared to the head...
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

I will probably get a good one from Checker Auto or Autozone and take it to the dealer to have them reimburse me and have them install it.

JUST got back home with my car, they just finished it this morning. I was supposed to get it back Saturday or Monday Morning, but the repair shop had to order them thru a dealership and they had to come from the west coast, so they called me at 10 am today to tell me it was ready- runs fine, but now everyone at work is telling me to try and trade it in on a different car...if I can keep the same payment amount, I may just do that, but I'm not sure yet- I'll post pics of the timing belt (stripped a foot of it bare and every single tooth left on it is only hanging by one edge) and the valves..Every single one bent...the mechanic told me to get rid of the car as soon as possible..lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast