•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: searched-Engine code p0597, p0598

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I've been driving mine for a few days without having any troubles. I drive 35 mins one way to school everyday. If you need to go anywhere I would say it would be ok. Just get it to the dealership as soon as you can. I have an appointment Friday at 8am to get mine looked at. Thanks for looking out for us petrified.rabbit. I'ma have to get a membership to that site so i'll be able to do this stuff on my own. I love working on my cars, always have because this is the first car I've owned that has a warranty. I'll see what they say tomorrow and let you guys know whats up.

Thanks
      So, got my car back yesterday. They had to replace the engine thermostat housing. The heater went out inside the hosing, so they replaced the whole unit. If I'm not mistaking, I believe the whole housing is pretty much glued together, so once its opened it has to be replaced. Also just as a FYI, if anybody's interior door handles have the chrome covering on them and its peeling or chipping, ask your dealer about replacing them under warranty. One of mine is peeling and after being cut several times by it, I asked my dealer about it and he is replacing it under warranty.

Thanks
      Anyone have any updated information on this?

Thanks
      Now its my turn,

i have a 2009 aveo LT, 82 000 km's.

Same issues here...
      The symptoms started years back, i think.

Out in the country roads i noticed in 2 occasions in two years. In really rough road, the temp gauge on my dash dropped completly, then realizing my a/c was also disabled. on both ocasions, it took hours and multiple ignitions to get my gauge and a/c to comeback. I remember at 1 point removing and reinserting certain fuses in the engine fusebox in hopes to regain the display gauge, wich it did...

A year later, The check engine light came on and i got a reader to check the codes.
      P0597 and p0598
      I then changed the thermostat/housing (not oem) i purchased from an online parts store. (witch might explain another issue.

cleared the codes and within a day, the codes came back.

A week later i removed the thermostat/housing connector and noticed a slight corrosion on 1 of the terminals...
      so i managed to find a new connector and replaced that as well...

Now it seems i cleared 1 code wich is P0598 (thermostat heater control circuit low) Altough P0597 remains.

I went to the dealership, 138$ later, they tell me what i already knew and assumed. The Voltage is good on both wires...and that as far as gm knows, i should replace the thermostat/housing or the ecu.

I am Still thinking about the best solution possible. However, if anyone else is dealing with this issues or has in the past, Please contact let us know. I will also update whenever i successfully repair this issue.

Thanks

jacobp89 did your code come back? Hows is your aveo?

Thanks
      Did anyone happen to read what the link had to say? I click on it and page can not be found.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12