•  

Thread: Scoot Scoot is becoming borderline undrivable!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

Scoot Scoot is becoming borderline undrivable!

Scoot Scoot’s drivability issues are getting much worse; (for a refresher on what she is doing, she will act all herky jerky and then lose all power and drop to idle unless you absolutely bury the throttle, and will stall if you don’t do anything.) she actually stalled on me while traveling to work this morning, and it’s getting to the point where it does it at every startup. I am almost tempted to start driving my mom’s Dodge and take her off the road until I can figure out what is going on. ANY help is appreciated and welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi all,

I would like to take a wild guess or two:

1) I have a 2009 with the same engine. The coil pack failed at about 5000km one time. And failed again at about 130000km another time. The failed coilpack caused it to fire only on 3 cylinders. Engine had no power, and rough idle, until the coilpacks were replaced.

2) Since you don't mention anything about Check Engine Lights, I assume this is a gradual deterioration situation. If I had the same gradually worsening problem, I would suspect the throttle body is getting severely dirty. If it was me, i would remove the throttle body and check it out.

That's all i can think of.

Deano

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

Scoot Scoot is becoming borderline undrivable!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
      Hi all,

I would like to take a wild guess or two:

1) I have a 2009 with the same engine. The coil pack failed at about 5000km one time. And failed again at about 130000km another time. The failed coilpack caused it to fire only on 3 cylinders. Engine had no power, and rough idle, until the coilpacks were replaced.

2) Since you don't mention anything about Check Engine Lights, I assume this is a gradual deterioration situation. If I had the same gradually worsening problem, I would suspect the throttle body is getting severely dirty. If it was me, i would remove the throttle body and check it out.

That's all i can think of.

Deano
      The only codes I have are a P0599 and a false P0420 (the cats are only a couple of years old, and shouldn’t be bad this early in their life) I’ve also had a P0132 show up recently as well. (The throttle body was actually taken out and cleaned when I replaced my water pump; as a proactive measure.) the coil pack was also replaced at around 92,000 miles after I developed an active misfire on cylinder 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 02-23-2019 at 06:01 PM.