•  

Thread: Powering down

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Powering down

I have an Aveo5 2011. The problem i have has only occur twice so far, once a few months ago, and now today when it happened to my husband.
      Apparently, while my husband was driving, it suddenly lost power and began to slow down. My husband pulled over and like i did last time, turned it off, then back on and he was able to proceed. Well, now a new problem is occurring. As my husband continued to drive work, he noticed the gas gauge was going down quickly. He had about 3/4 of a tank. When he reached his job, about 36 miles way from home, it is now below the half way mark. This makes me worried, because we are unable to fix this until next week.
      Any opinion of what might be going on with this car? Please let me know right away. Thanks!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      It sounds like a fuel sending unit, or the relay. The gauge issue points more toward the actual sending unit.

But just a power loss with a reboot on restart could include a few other things.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi angel007008,

I'm very sorry to hear of the power difficulties that you and your husband have been experiencing with your Aveo. We would like to contact your dealership and discuss this further with them and try to work towards a resolution. If our help is needed please send us a private with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information, and dealership name. We look forward to helping with your concern!

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      This might be useful;
      when we had a tornado in April where we're at in Alabama, i put blankets around the windows just in case we had hail. To hold it down, i closed the door on the blankets, making water able to get in. Do you think because of this, water and moisture got into the electrical panel causing a possible shortage somewhere?