•  

Thread: P2106, p2110

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

P2106, p2110

Hey there, i'm new here and sorry for bad english.
      So I've been troubleshotting my 2008 aveo for a year now and now i'm hopeless.
      So the head motor blew. I got a new one and did a new timing belt too.
      And it starts but it stays in safe mode and cannot rev the engine more than 3000 rpm.
      So the copper spark plugs are new, coil pack is new, ngk wires are new, changed the theottle body, cleaned it, sensor that goes after the throttle body is changed too.
      And then I changed the MAF sensor. Still nothing.
      I just don't know what to look for now lol
      I don't want to spend in car mechanics because they cost so much these days.
      Thanks for any answers!

Thanks
      DTC P2106: Throttle Control System Performance - Throttle Limitation Active

DTC P2110: Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System - Forced Limited Engine Speed

The tips listed in the TIS sheet for 2106:

A low battery while cranking will set 2106!
      Vacuum leaks??
      Extreme cold may form ice in the vac source to the MAP sensor... (long shot)

Important:

1. Ignition ON, observe the scan tool MAP sensor data parameter. Engine running, verify the scan tool MAP sensor data parameter changes.
      2. Verify no vacuum leak exists.
      3. DTCs P2104, P2105, P2106, and P2110 are informational DTCs. Correct the throttle actuator control (TAC) system DTCs that are set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle.
      4. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.

Thanks
      May need to do a throttle body relearn. Is done every 15 ignition cycles...

The engine control module (ECM) stores values that include the lowest possible throttle position (TP) sensor positions and the rest positions. These values will only be erased or overwritten if the ECM is reprogrammed or if a throttle body relearn procedure is performed. Observe, if the battery is disconnected, the ECM will immediately perform a throttle body relearn procedure when the ignition is turned ON.

The ECM performs a relearn procedure twice and compares the results. If the results are nearly the same, the values are stored and the learn procedure is complete. The following is when the ECM performs a learn procedure:

The ignition is ON.

The engine is cranking.

Deceleration

The ignition is cycled OFF.

The ECM performs the learn procedure every 15 ignition cycles.

The ECM commands the throttle plate from the rest position to full closed, then stores TP sensor 1 and 2 voltages. This procedure takes less than 1 second. If any faults occur in the throttle actuator control (TAC) system, a DTC sets.

More:

There are 4 reduce power modes that the engine control module (ECM) can default to if an error is detected in the throttle actuator control (TAC) system. The ECM monitors for the following conditions:

Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor 1 or 2 circuit fault

APP sensor correlation fault

A 5-volt reference circuit fault

Battery voltage is less than 8 volts or greater than 24 volts.

If the ECM detects any of the above conditions, the ECM enters a Limited Performance reduced power mode. In the Limited Performance mode, the engine torque is limited. The ECM remains in this reduced power mode during the entire ignition cycle even if the fault is corrected.

If there is no APP sensor information, the system enters a Forced Idle reduced power mode. In the Forced Idle mode, the ECM uses a default APP sensor position that is calculated from the brake switch, transmission gear position, and vehicle speed. The vehicle can be driven up to 32 km/h (20 mph) in this mode be engaging the transmission into gear and releasing the brake pedal.

If there is a condition with the TAC circuits, throttle actuator command vs actual position fault, or a TP sensor 1 or 2 circuit fault, the ECM enters a Power Manage reduced engine power mode. In the Power Manage mode, the throttle plate is not controlled. The engine torque is controlled to the desired value using cylinder shutoff and spark retard. The engine will idle or cruise with 2 cylinders enabled and accelerate with all 4 cylinders.

If the ECM detects a severe failure in the TAC system, the ECM enters a Forced Shutdown mode. In this mode, the ECM disables the TAC system, the fuel system, and the ignition system so the engine will not start. The Forced Shutdown mode occurs when the ECM detects a severe internal ECM condition, the throttle plate is stuck open, or a large intake manifold vacuum leak is detected.
      Last edited by 06T200; 06-07-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typo....

Thanks
      Skyline, has this car ever had a P0107 or P0108?? If so there is more info about the MAP sensor. But check your battery condition first, then I would check for vacuum leaks, and make sure the TAC relearns and completes the process. Also check the MAP values with your scan tool. This should help find clues.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Thanks for your replies!
      No I've never had any p0108 or p0107 codes.
      So i'll do the relearn thingy and hope for god sake that could be an issue.
      I've been on that problem for a while now...

Thanks
      Did you ever figure out your problem cause I'm having the same issue?