•  

Thread: Out of Money and Patience

What's wrong with my car? sanny's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Out of Money and Patience

Hello, so I have a 2011 Chevy Aveo LT and I have been working on it all year long I fix one problem at a time due to finances being tight after divorce. At any rate I took too long to fix my O2 sensors and when I finally did I had a hole in the heater hose and it overheated. Replaced the heater hose replaced the sensors and unfortunately had to replace the thermostat and mechanic came to do a checkup and the engine still is on and can't pass emission. Brand new O2 sensor(lower) and he ran the diagnostics and was like it's saying a defect somewhere well it was the downstream O2 sensor but how is it defective it's brand new!!?? Is it possible he didn't place it right? And one more issue anybody know what tools I can use to change my hub bearing I've bought the parts I just need the tools I'm not paying $400 for labor just to replaced something I know I can do myself hell I've done majority of everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      The O2 sensors have nothing to do with the heater hose. You might know that but from the sentence structure it was implied.

Your mechanic should have been able to figure out the O2 problem. Even with a new part it's a pain in the ass and could be a catalytic convertor problem. I recommend you buy a ODBII to bluetooth reader and use your smart phone
      Use your iPhone to Scan Vehicle Codes And Read Sensor Data

The hub is easy however you are going to need a press to get the bearing out.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car? sanny's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      The O2 sensors have nothing to do with the heater hose. You might know that but from the sentence structure it was implied.

Your mechanic should have been able to figure out the O2 problem. Even with a new part it's a pain in the ass and could be a catalytic convertor problem. I recommend you buy a ODBII to bluetooth reader and use your smart phone
      Use your iPhone to Scan Vehicle Codes And Read Sensor Data

The hub is easy however you are going to need a press to get the bearing out.
      Sorry I just read what I typed no the O2 sensor had nothing to do w/heater hose that came from my car overheating due to lack of antifreeze leaked out of the hose because it was punctured (I was typing too fast out of frustration). I found the press machine to fix the bearings and thank you for the catalytic converter suggestion that might be it and I just know he did use the Bluetooth reader- however! I'll do it myself just to make sure I'm not being took for granted for easy money ☹️I only use a mechanic because I don't have certain tools...yet. Again, thanks!!! Your rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      The OBD2 to Bluetooth scanner can be found on eBay for around $30... It's an awesome little tool to have.
      Hope this helps.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Don't give up hope on these cars they're very economical and fun to drive... As of right now I'm replacing the back hatch on mine because it got dented and the glass broke when the car tried to roll down a 45-foot embankment into a Creek that was raging with Rainwater... (I was just on the last trip of hauling stuff home from elk camp) luckily a tree stop the car about 15 feet down the embankment, but it's sacrificed the hatch glass the rear quarter glass and dented the pillar right next to the hatch, all said and done to the tune of $4,100... but I'm gonna save money on replacing a bunch of stuff myself so the insurance company won't total it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TurboElk For This Useful Post:

sanny (11-30-2016)