•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil in reservoir helppp!!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Question Oil in reservoir helppp!!!

Hose busted on radiator. Now car has milky substances in the water reservoir and radiator. The car still starts and drives. Have taken it apart no sign of water in the oil pan, under oil cover, none in motor at all. Check transmission fluid level is still normal and oil level is still normal. SO puzzled big time as to where this color is coming from. When car is sitting idle the temperature gague rises pass normal and once you turn on the air conditioner it keep it at bay but it still flucutates but does not go up very high but once u turn air conditioner off it rises again. ANY help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Only mode of transportation and this is very nerve wrecking no one has ever heard or came across this issue before.

Thanks
      If it was overheated, you may be dealing with a warped head. Or worse a crack. Is your fan cycling on and off with the ac off? If it is then check the thermostat (should be replaced after a boil over anyway), and flush out the coolant mix, and just fill it with clean water for testing. With a new thermostat see if the temp stays normal, it should never go above the middle range if the fan is ok, as the fan cools it back down. If you have oil in the water, then I think a pressure test may be in order - and you may need to pull the head to track down the source.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      There have been multiple reports of rad/transmission cooler failures for '09 Aveos, where the separation of those 2 fluids became compromised. I don't recall any of those other threads describing trans fluid in the coolant - everything was the other way around. But this is in the ballpark to what you're describing, and I'd guess that a very small amount of tranny fluid could cause what you're seeing, and also wouldn't move the level on the dipstick enough to notice.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Update!!

Head was taken to machine shop and milled and it is a brand new thermostat maybe the guy didn't tork the head back down right idk but another mechanic is calling for some other part call oil coolant which I have no idea what that is. I do have a new radiator on there as well my fan idk yet but seems to only go in slow motion never kick into high speed have changed the high relay all ready. So this oil is a lot of oil in the reservoir flush it out and it comes back. Pull the hoses off and none is on the hose coming from the radiator its just straight green no signs of mixing oil there. will take off the bottom hose of the radiator and see. This car is work stress and headache I tell ya seems no one is on the same page so many different possibilites. *time to narrow it down* Where is the rad/transmission cooler located?

Thanks
      > Where is the rad/transmission cooler located?

The radiator is located in the front of the engine compartment, with the large OD black hoses one for cool water at the bottom, one for the hot inlet at the top. The trans cooler is inside of the cool side (driver side) tank, with 2 small hoses connecting in for the fluid.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      So I need to get the mechanic to back track check the manifold gaskets make sure head is torched right and in order do a coolant and compression test check heater core for clogging(amount of oil in the bottle has a lot to do with I think something more than heater core unless there are lines running to it? What else need to check for this oil and water mix. I hear a girgling noise behind my steering wheel so air must be in the system somewhere as well will the air cause mixture to? I know there is a power steering leak I am working on getting fixed and there is air in that system when you turn the wheel you can hear it as well.

Picture of the head torch order sequence and lbs please repost. I accidently deleted the other one I think cause I don't see it anymore still trying to get use to this forum.

Thanks
      Practice using the search function, not sure where I posted it. Good luck

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      headgasket is going bye

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Search box

That's box I look for but have hard time trying to find at times hmmm I will just have to keep clicking unti I get use to this forum. Thanks.

@camopaintno head gasket and head have already been replaced. maybe there is still contamination inside of the heater core so have to google search how to flush it out directly and go from there

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      UPDATE INFO HELP Pressure test shows from lefT to right 90 90 120 115 so every person don't know or wants to replace whole motor n don't want to deal with finding issue dry want to say cracked block but don't know for sure. No water in oil oil not on dipstick put two quarts to fill it back up. No missing running like there is nothing wrong with it at all. Any other thoughts please greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast