•  

Thread: Noobie, Needs some Help with Relays

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Noobie, Needs some Help with Relays

Hello All and Thanks for helping me out in advance!

I have a 2010 Aveo, that is missing a Relay in the engine compartment fuse/relay box. The missing relay designates that it is the Fan Lo Relay, it is an actual relay not a fuse similar to the different colored(red, yellow, etc.) fuses.

If anyone know the exact part number to this relay or picture of it would help. I purchased a relay GM#96484304, but I don't think this is it, because it says 35A on the top of the relay and the one that was removed only should 12V and some lettering.

Any info will help........and thanks again.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by caballero77 View Post
      Hello All and Thanks for helping me out in advance!

I have a 2010 Aveo, that is missing a Relay in the engine compartment fuse/relay box. The missing relay designates that it is the Fan Lo Relay, it is an actual relay not a fuse similar to the different colored(red, yellow, etc.) fuses.

If anyone know the exact part number to this relay or picture of it would help. I purchased a relay GM#96484304, but I don't think this is it, because it says 35A on the top of the relay and the one that was removed only should 12V and some lettering.

Any info will help........and thanks again.

Well found out what the GM Part # was 96590287, cube relay 12V-20A Popped it in and no jumping temperature gauge.

Dealer wanted to charge me almost $200 for labor and parts(replace inline resistor for fan and Fan Lo Relay).

Total cost to do it myself, about 1 1/2 hours and only $23.00 for parts. Saved Big Time!!!!!!