Thread: No spark, no fuel... only codes are for Throttle body and sensors

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

No spark, no fuel... only codes are for Throttle body and sensors

Codes

P2101- Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance

P2106- Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power

P2110- Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Limited RPM

I was driving, no stuttering misfiring or any noticeable issues, then the car just shut off. It gave me these codes. I replaced the entire throttle body assembly and had no change. Cleared the codes, put the key in the ignition, turned it to on... and I still get the same codes.

Throttle body isn't responding when I try and start the car, and holding it open and applying starter fluid makes no change. I thought it might be a battery issue, if case the battery wasn't supplying enough amps to power the motors when the starter motor cranks... no change with a new battery.

I called up a chevy Dealer asking if maybe the ecu needs flashed to disable the "failure mode", and they said it should still allow the throttle to open enough to idle, and not effect the ignition.

I'm out of ideas, so if anyone has anything, please let me know. I don't have the money right now to bring it to a mechanic to have them mess with it.(I deliver pizzas, and it's hard to make money when you can't even get your car started)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
      Thank you.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      It's unusual for those codes to show up with the symptoms you describe (stall/no-start). Did you check all fuses and relays? If you're certain all is well there, then check the all the grounds, including the one under the battery tray.

Thanks
      Checked all the fuses and relays and all the cables(sorry, should have put that in my first post). I can't get to the car at the moment, since I left it where it broke down at, but tomorrow I'll check all the grounds. I get an error for tps not sensing the trottle pos. when I hooked up the old one I took out, so I know that was atleast an issue, but I'm wondering if the crankshaft pos. sensor also failed, causing the ignition problem. It's unlikely, but it's the only other thing I can think or right now) I'm going down to check the inertia switch to see if that triggered when the car went into failure mode, when it couldn't sense the throttle pos.

I'm starting to think that the error codes don't have anything to do with the current problem, but are just something I can't quickly clear without a flash. I could see bad things happen if the TPS couldn't detect the throttle position, and someone just cleared the failure mode and tried to drive, not knowing the throttle was for instance, stuck open.
      Last edited by Poptart133g; 11-07-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      If a bad ground is not the cause, then remove the top half of the timing belt cover and check that the timing belt is intact and looks ok. You would need a scope to check the waveform of the crank sensor. But you could check the ckp reference and ground with a multimeter, and also confirm that there is at least some signal being produced.

Thanks
      Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow. I'll take whatever suggestions I can get at this point, if there's even the slightest chance of it running again.