•  

Thread: No power no codes good compression

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

No power no codes good compression

I tried searching but maybe I don't really know what I should be looking for..

I'm hope someone may have some insight on a car in trying to fix for a friend. Hear is the story:

My friend had someone change the timing belt on her 2006 aveo. They did not install it correctly and didn't use the tool or change the plastic pulleys. That said it jump a couple teeth and bent some valves.. So I got ahold of the car to see what I can do. I changed the valves, head gasket, timing belt, tensioner pulley, idler pulley. After I put the car back together it started up but I did forget to plug in the map sensor and it did kick a couple codes. I fixed the issue and cleared the codes. No codes popped up. But the car has almost no power when reved up and driven but idles fine. When I looked at the drive by wire TB with the intake off the butterfly only opens up about 1/4 way. The TB gears is good. Possibly LIMP mode but no codes to tell me where to start. Any insight would be appreciated and feel free to ask any questions as I check and did a lot more that the summery I posted.

Also if anyone just so happens to have a manual they can email I would appreciate it as I am not getting paid to work on this car just trying to help a friend that does not have money to take it to a shop.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Update: the PVC valve was crack so that was changed, the thermostat was replaced, the factory radio had a parasitic draw when the car was off so that was unplugged and taken out to stop the draw. New spark plugs, new headgaket again and all the valves are still good and passed pressure and leak down Test. All cylinders are Now at a even 185psi. New coolant, new oil. New grounds for the engine and ecu. Trimming marks are still in proper place.

And still have not resolved the issue. If the car had insurance I would have burned it already but since it doesn't I need to find out how to fix so I can give it back to her. I still can find the owner manual. If anyone knows how to test the TPS that is my next project. Currently testing and swapping relays. All fuses are good. Btw why is there a power window relay when the car has manual windows?