•  

Thread: Need help PLEASE!!!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Exclamation Need help PLEASE!!!!

Hi, first of all let me say hello as this is my first time on the forum...Okay if this is not in the correct place please forgive me, I have an issue with my Aveo and am in desperate need of help on correcting it....I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo and about a month ago it started running a little different I initially thought I might have got bad gas or had some how got water in the gas so I just put a can of water remover in and didn't think much of it until around a week and a half later it started to skip a little bit and the engine light came on I have an OBD reader so I put that on and it comes up with random misfires and Bank 1 Sensor 1. which I find out is the Oxygen sensor in the front just before the catalytic converter so I order a new sensor and replace that a few days ago and now the car is worse and yes I did clear the codes after installing the new sensor but the light on the dash did not go out for long as when I fired it up to see that it was fixed the car ran worse then it did before and now it is showing a code of low voltage bank 1 sensor 1. This is my only car and I am in dire straits as I need to fix this issue I have medical appointments that are 100+miles away and at this moment basically with no vehicle...I have been feathering it along just going around locally, But please anyone can anyone help me with this issue?....Thank you in advanced for any help

Thanks
      Just did a Recheck with the OBD Scanner and now I am getting a bunch of new codes P0132, P0137, P0031, along with random misfire and misfire on cylinders 1 & 4....I have looked up the codes online and have checked all the wiring that I can see and everything looks intact..I am lost please I am in need of help as soon as possible....Thanks

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by chevy1989 View Post
      .... and have checked all the wiring that I can see and everything looks intact...
      The wires looking good doesn't mean anything. You need to test them with a multimeter.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      It sounds like you needed a coil pack /wires more than the o2 sensor. But did you buy a decent o2 sensor? a cheapie will often cause just as many issues or make the problem worse..

Start the car, if it will idle, when it is dark our mist the wires and coil pack with some water out of a spray bottle. (DO NOT TOUCH THE CAR) You should see the misfire arching throughout the wiring, coil pack.

Thanks
      This is a very late response. I have a 2009 Pontiac G3. I believe it has a somewhat different engine, but I had similar problems probably when the car was a couple years old. I don't remember the codes, but there was a big crack in the hose between the air flow sensor and the air intake on the engine allowing un-metered air into the engine making it run too lean and causing very poor performance and the check engine light to turn on. More recently I have had slight "hickups" in engine performance (loss of power) when accelerating at about 40-50 miles per hour. That was corrected by changing spark plugs and finally by replacing the Ignition module/coil. There is no separate coil and spark plug wires on this engine.