•  

Thread: my brand new 2010 aveo 2lt sadan

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

my brand new 2010 aveo 2lt sadan

at this point i have 32 miles on it what oil should i use ? mobile one or regular oil? im a 3,000 guy on changes yea i know its a wast to change mobile one every 3,000 but i need this car to last 5 years to pay it off LOL and tires i here a lot of you guys say the factory tires don't last long at all dose any one use a tire that u would suggest i hate noisy tires and a 32 miles i sound like a monster truck on the freeway dealer will replace the set with same type maybe they will last more than 32 miles i bought the car with 3 miles on it let me know what you guys think Im a brand new aveo owner and brand new here thanks in advance to all

Banned
      Thanks
      I swear by synthetic with every oil change. I myself am partial to Mobil 1 when it comes to brand.
      As for tires.... I swear by the established American brands, like Firestone but my favorite is Goodyear by far.
      Last edited by Z34guy; 11-14-2010 at 03:36 PM.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I've never had any problem using regular oil and my car doesn't burn or leak a drop, I used to check the oil religiously but now I just check once in a while and it's always fine. As for tires, my suggestion is real summers and winters (although the Pirelli all seasons I had before really weren't bad at all). Right now I am using Potenzas for the summer and I've been really happy with them so far.

Congrats on your new ride!

Thanks
      I would run conventional untill its broken in maybe 10k miles, Why? new engines need to have some wear so parts can settle/match, as a matter of fact the compression/power of unbroken new engines is smaller than properly broken in engines, afterwords synthetic would be my choice and with synthetic u could extend the oil changes longer.
      Synthetics today are so good that tests have proven that a properly mainteined engine with synthetic oil may never need a rebuild as there is virtualy no wear on the parts.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Thanks every one for the advice i got this vehicle when my 2009 HHR was bought back by GM and i am very surprised at the room for such a small car Im 6 foot 3 and 265 pounds and i ride well in this car I about had a heart attack when they told me all i could get was a aveo LOL but its all cool Lovin the MPGS LOL

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSS View Post
      Synthetics today are so good that tests have proven that a properly mainteined engine with synthetic oil may never need a rebuild as there is virtualy no wear on the parts.
      i dont like "tests" i never see them reflect real world..

i "rebuilt" my chevette engine after 400k miles with conventional oil changes ever 5-6k.. when it was torn apart an measured EVERYTHING was still within the factory tolerances of new.. (which those tolerances were wider than todays allowable) the only think that has out of "new" tolerance was the 3rd cylinder exhaust cam lobe. it was .003" worn from new. which it totally acceptable by me. the car had 600k by the time i lost track of it (after i hit @ 430k i gave it to my roommate, then when he was done with it i gave it to a long time friend, who gave it to his roommate.. when they moved out i lost track of it)

i have another chevette that put two rods through the side of the block at 85k..

Thanks
      I'd generally agree with Rabbit. Synthetic is great for turboed cars and extended change intervals. If you're gonna do the oil every 3k (which is overkill unless you drive in horrible conditions) you shouldn't waste the money. If you want to go 10k+ miles between changes, go for synthetic.

Thanks
      Dang Rabbit, 400k on a chevete, its got to be some kind of record.