•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My aveo bucks...

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

My aveo bucks...

Hey,

So for some strange reason, yesterday I was driving, put in the clutch, went from 4th to 3rd around 30-40KMS, let out the clutch, waited until I went around the circle a bit, hit the gas and it bucked, like it felt like it was gonna die then all the sudden started working fine.

Then today, it did a little stutter in 2nd gear. Got any ideas? I'm thinking maybe spark plugs, and a oil change, and a new filter would help? I've missed my oil change, by a lot of KMS.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      sounds like the tire slipped on a shift to me? any better details?

the engine mounts allow a lot of rocking, you need to be extra smooth with shifts or it will really jerk.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Could be true I guess, but if it did slip what would that cause? The roads are icy out here. It's really hard to explain because when it happens it's a quick dip, by time you notice it it's over with so you can't really pick out details.

You might be right though, because if it was something legit, there would be check engine light or something that would at least flash if not go on steady? I thought maybe a misfire or something, but nope. After the little buck happens, performance is back as usual.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      I can easily get the open diff to slip, it feels a lot like that.. just like a stutter in movement, you would think it was the engine but its back to normal before you can even look at the gauges.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Could you get the diff to slip without switching gears? I mean just as your casually driving? Today I was going up a steep hill around 80-90KMH in a snow, ice, slush packed road and it did it again the little stutter or whatever you wanna call it.. The tires didn't get grabbed by anything that I could notice either.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Today it did it's stutter on the way home from school whenever I pushed the gas down a little bit further, I also don't feel like I have as much pedal as I used too. The acceleration is down a bit, it doesn't pick up the way it used too. Could it be water or something clogging up the lines? Or maybe it's bad fuel in the tank? No check engine light or any warning light for that matter come on.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Sounds like what I have been going through with mine. I just had the upstream 02 sensor go out and this could very well be the start of one of yours. If it continues to worsen, the check engine light will come on and start flashing indicating you are misfiring, as well as throw the code for the sensor and random misfires. Does this happen right after startup when it's cold, or just in the middle of normal driving when it's warmed up?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      now it is starting to sound like a running issue, what year is it?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Mine is a 2007 with about 102,000 miles. I'm hoping to be out of this car in the next 24 hours before something else goes wrong!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Well here's the weird part, the other day my automotive teacher told me to red line it a few times and give it a little cruise down the highway on the way home, so I did. Ever since then it hasn't done it at all, then last night I raced a civic, right after it started doing it but I'm pretty sure it's because I was trying to be a little too speedy with the clutch.

The engine light doesn't come on, but it does seem like a misfire almost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast