•  

Thread: key lock cylinder replacement

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

key lock cylinder replacement

I have recently encounter problem with my lock cylinder not releasing my key from the Locked position. it just will not move fully into the lock position to release it. I guessing the lock is bad. My car does not have the key less entry system. I wondering if the car computer will need to be program for the new cylinder. If not then i am sure i can do it. i am not sure if the plastic cover will come off with the key in cylinder. It will be very helpful to me if you can help me on this problem at very least will save me $100.00 the key cylinder is not cheap. thank you advance i pray you can give me quick answer on my problem .
      car is 2010 aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jive358645 View Post
      I have recently encounter problem with my lock cylinder not releasing my key from the Locked position. it just will not move fully into the lock position to release it. I guessing the lock is bad. My car does not have the key less entry system. I wondering if the car computer will need to be program for the new cylinder. If not then i am sure i can do it. i am not sure if the plastic cover will come off with the key in cylinder. It will be very helpful to me if you can help me on this problem at very least will save me $100.00 the key cylinder is not cheap. thank you advance i pray you can give me quick answer on my problem .
      car is 2010 aveo

You have to take the interior door panel completely off to get to the lock cylinder from the inside. There’s a couple torx screws holding the plastic parts in and then you have to unlatch it from the metal rod and it should pop right out. When mine failed I got one from the junk yard and had a locksmith program the lock to my current key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk