•  

Thread: I'm going crazy with repeated P0128 codes and early bearing failures on 2011 Aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

I'm going crazy with repeated P0128 codes and early bearing failures on 2011 Aveo

My 2011 Chevy Aveo LS is experiencing repeated instances of the P0128 fail code and early front bearing failures. For the P0128 code I have replaced the one piece unit containing the sensors and thermostat twice in less than a years time and within about six to eight months time the fail code returns what am I doing wrong? how can I fix it once and for all? The Other issue is the front wheel bearings. I have replaced them sometime in March of this year, and they are now exhibiting the same symptoms as before. I got rid of a previous (2006) Aveo for the same reason. These cars seem to go through bearings very quickly. When replacing the bearings I was careful not to place excessive pressure on the inner portion of the bearing, and used the old bearing to press the new one in. Why do these cars fail so soon after repairs are done on those parts that I mentioned here. HELP! these issues are driving me nuts I can't keep buying new parts every few months, I'd rather scrap this car than keep tossing money on this thing. Any comments, thoughts, Ideas?

Tired of crawling under the car already.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Any luck with this? Been stuck with a p0128
      on my 2010 and I've replaced the housing twice. I'm thinking there may be a bad ground for the coolant temperature sensor somewhere, but I have no idea where to look.

Any advice would be great, but if I figure this out, I'll let you know