•  

Thread: I hate O2 Sensors. 2009 Aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Angry I hate O2 Sensors. 2009 Aveo

I am going insane with this problem. At the end of October, getting ready for a road trip to Denver, my Aveo lost all power, wouldn't accelerate for anything, yet didn't have an engine light on. I turned around and switched vehicles. While taking it to the shop there was no issue. The car had been "chugging" intermittently for a few months usually when it was hot outside. The garage had to drive it for an entire day before they were able to experience the issue and they read a code that said it was the O2 sensor (They told me which one but I forgot). Two days later the check engine light comes on and I take it back to them- the code is a faulty O2 sensor. It gets switched. 4 days later same damn code. They order a factory O2 sensor after deciding that is what my car needs. It seems to work.
      Fast forward to today. THE DAMN LIGHT IS ON AGAIN!! and it is chugging a bit. Anyone know why I could be having this much trouble with the stupid sensor?? I wish I remember the code number they kept getting and which sensor it was that it said was the issue. I appreciate the help. I can't get it in to see what the code is until Monday, I just want to go in with some ideas.

Thanks in advance!
      Anna

What's wrong with my car? sanny's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
      I am going insane with this problem. At the end of October, getting ready for a road trip to Denver, my Aveo lost all power, wouldn't accelerate for anything, yet didn't have an engine light on. I turned around and switched vehicles. While taking it to the shop there was no issue. The car had been "chugging" intermittently for a few months usually when it was hot outside. The garage had to drive it for an entire day before they were able to experience the issue and they read a code that said it was the O2 sensor (They told me which one but I forgot). Two days later the check engine light comes on and I take it back to them- the code is a faulty O2 sensor. It gets switched. 4 days later same damn code. They order a factory O2 sensor after deciding that is what my car needs. It seems to work.
      Fast forward to today. THE DAMN LIGHT IS ON AGAIN!! and it is chugging a bit. Anyone know why I could be having this much trouble with the stupid sensor?? I wish I remember the code number they kept getting and which sensor it was that it said was the issue. I appreciate the help. I can't get it in to see what the code is until Monday, I just want to go in with some ideas.

Thanks in advance!
      Anna
      Your issue sounds like mines it's might be your downstream O2 Sensor and check make sure theres anything going on with your convertible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Thanks Sanny! Took it in and it just needs a tune up. miss-fire in cylinder 3 I was told. And a new wheel bearing. Oh well. At least it is fixed!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanner For This Useful Post:

sanny (12-15-2016)