•  

Thread: HELP! Transmission Shift Shaft Lever Issues...?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Exclamation HELP! Transmission Shift Shaft Lever Issues...?

I got off of the Interstate and my shifter just felt like a stick in the water. Called a local tow company to tow my car home, then the driver took a look under my hood and pointed out that the transmission linkage was separated. The white plastic cover over the joint I just pushed up and noticed that the linkage is just separated. I am not extremely technically inclined when it comes to vehicles, but at the same time, as a college student, I don't want to nor can afford to pay the mechanics what they are asking to fix this. The worst estimate that I was given was over $2000. I did a little digging and found out that it is probably an issue with my transmission shift shaft lever. If you have any more information have any information about this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and I will be checking to see if anyone responds.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Trec View Post
      I got off of the Interstate and my shifter just felt like a stick in the water. Called a local tow company to tow my car home, then the driver took a look under my hood and pointed out that the transmission linkage was separated. The white plastic cover over the joint I just pushed up and noticed that the linkage is just separated. I am not extremely technically inclined when it comes to vehicles, but at the same time, as a college student, I don't want to nor can afford to pay the mechanics what they are asking to fix this. The worst estimate that I was given was over $2000. I did a little digging and found out that it is probably an issue with my transmission shift shaft lever. If you have any more information have any information about this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and I will be checking to see if anyone responds.
      Hello Shadow_Trec,

We're sorry to hear your experiencing shifting concerns with your Aveo. We recognize how unsettling out of pocket expenses can be, and apologize for this. We would be happy to contact your dealer, and explore all possible avenues of assistance. If interested, feel free to send us a private message with your contact information, VIN/mileage, and preferred dealer.

Jasmine F
      Chevrolet Customer Care

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html