•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP Clutch to start sensor!!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Ok so I m having some trouble locating this white plug with the purple and yellow wires? Are you sure that it's the same for the 2009? I m going to check the 2005 when my fryers home to see ifi can find it on hers. Can you by chance post a pic. We are going to install the auto start on Tuesday if I can figure this out.

Thanks
      Ok so iPad messed up with auto correct, I meant "when my gf comes home" not when my fryers home

Thanks
      Ok so after many blood rushes to the head from sittin in my seat used down, I have found that there is no sensor
      At te top of the pedal. The ONLY sensor is the clutch position sensor. The one with the three (orange blue and brown wires). I cannot find any white plug under there with a yellow an purple wire. I played with the sensor on the clutch. When I unhooked it from the pedal and just pushed/turned the sensor it allowe the car to start. So I feel me battle lies there. I think the 09 aveo5 hatch might be different from what ur talking about, or I just can't find what u r referring to. I believe the sensor on the clutch is some form of potentiometer. When I unplugged it, the car wouldn't start, and when I plug it back in, the car still refuses to start for a period of pushing the clutch in and out, trying to start and temping the keys from the ignition. It's a poor design in my view. A simple push button switch would have worked all the same and would be jump able. Can you either post a picture of an 09 or newer and show me where the white plug is supposed to be or fracture to me better. I can't seem to find a wiring diagram ANYWHERE and I m not paying for alldata online. Does anyone have alldata that could send me wiring diagrams for an 09 aveo 5 hatch. Please help me, I finally got the guys to work schedules around so we have all of Tuesday to put the autosart and keyless entry in. I need to disable this so I can start the car without clutch by then (and yes I know an autostart in a standard isn't recommended, believe me I ve heard. I m including a relay box that causes the car to honk instead of start I it is in gear.)

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Post pics of the project and give us a write up if you can please. Especially with the clutch defeat deal. And good luck.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      Update:

Well i still have not been able to properly disable the clutch to start on the newer Aveo. The clutch position sensor does effect the starting of the vehicle. When i tape the sensor in the right position the car will start without pushing the clutch in. However, the clutch position sensor (CPS) is used by other parts of the car. so even though u can start the car without clutch and everything works fine at first, the check engine light comes on and the car will not start after that until i un-tape the CPS and pump the clutch a bit. I have yet to try finding the Neutral safety switch, and jumping that, but i don't know if that will work. any ideas?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i think you need to wire in your remote start beyond those safety devices (since you are just bypassing the anyhow). that would allow less compromising of other systems and still getting the car to start with marginal safety.

Thanks
      so you mean instead of using the 12v hot wires from the ignition switch, to connect directly to the battery and then to the starter solenoid? like bypass it all? will that cause any issues?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12