•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GM Parts FAIL Rant

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

GM Parts FAIL Rant

after Finally deciding that I was tired of looking at that Check Engine Light, I took Scoots to the Local GM Dealer to finally figure out what was causing it: the Oxygen Sensor itself went Belly up, and they were going to fix it for a Wallet Raping $491! well, 2 and a Half hours Later, and the Service Writer tells me I'm going have to Bring Scoots Back Tomorrow, because GM Put the Wrong Sensor in the Box! Two and a Half Hours of My Time WASTED because GM Can't seem to put the correct part in its box!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      A part boxed wrong and 2 1/2 hours to figure it out is incompetence.

$491 for an O2 sensor that retails for around $100, and takes 10 minutes to install is priceless.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      after Finally deciding that I was tired of looking at that Check Engine Light, I took Scoots to the Local GM Dealer to finally figure out what was causing it: the Oxygen Sensor itself went Belly up, and they were going to fix it for a Wallet Raping $491! well, 2 and a Half hours Later, and the Service Writer tells me I'm going have to Bring Scoots Back Tomorrow, because GM Put the Wrong Sensor in the Box! Two and a Half Hours of My Time WASTED because GM Can't seem to put the correct part in its box!
      Let's hear from the GM Customer Service girls about how much they "care" about you. Let's hear all their saccharine words they will say to sooth you. Let's hear them agree that they have lousy, rotten dealers such as the one in your experience. Do you think they will ever admit that in THIS forum?

It's little or no coincidence that this is now 2014. Ultimately you will be told that after three years have passed on your 2010, the warranty can't possibly cover what is wrong.

This is planned obsolescence. The car was meant to generate failures/problems after three years. Now GM expects you to buy another one (or something more expensive).

Do you want to cave in and buy another Chevy? Or do you want to complain effectively and persistently, so as to get them to fix the one you have?
      Last edited by Thymeclock; 07-11-2014 at 02:25 AM.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey 2010AveoLT! We recognize that this has been an inconvenience for both you and Scoots. Let us know how everything goes tomorrow. We can reach out to your dealership and even contact some of our internal resources if you continue to have trouble.

Amber N.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Let's hear from the GM Customer Service girls about how much they "care" about you. Let's hear all their saccharine words they will say to sooth you. Let's hear them agree that they have lousy, rotten dealers such as the one in your experience. Do you think they will ever admit that in THIS forum?

It's little or no coincidence that this is now 2014. Ultimately you will be told that after three years have passed on your 2010, the warranty can't possibly cover what is wrong.

This is planned obsolescence. The car was meant to generate failures/problems after three years. Now GM expects you to buy another one (or something more expensive).

Do you want to cave in and buy another Chevy? Or do you want to complain effectively and persistently, so as to get them to fix the one you have?
      I knew the warranty was useless a year ago, cars are now pretty much 90% electronics, and and of course the electronics and the electrical system is only covered in the 3/36 warranty. The powertrain warranty only covers the mechanical parts of the engine and transmission, and the 8/80 emissions warranty only covers the obscenely expensive cats and the PCM. And I WILL be DEMANDING why I'm paying what makes no difference HALF A GRAND for installing ONE SENSOR.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Hey 2010AveoLT! We recognize that this has been an inconvenience for both you and Scoots. Let us know how everything goes tomorrow. We can reach out to your dealership and even contact some of our internal resources if you continue to have trouble.

Amber N.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      are you joking? Did you really just ignore the other post calling you out?

And OP you are an idiot for even letting them do that replacement in the first place.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      are you joking? Did you really just ignore the other post calling you out?

And OP you are an idiot for even letting them do that replacement in the first place.
      I'M AN IDIOT!? let me show you an excerpt of WHY I was FORCED to Take it to my Dealer

Caution: When replacing the HO2S perform the following:

• A code clear with a scan tool, regardless of whether or not a DTC is set
      • HO2S heater resistance learn reset with a scan tool, where available

Perform the above in order to reset the HO2S resistance learned value and avoid possible HO2S failure.
      Because of the Bolded part, and also due to the fact that my School's Tech 2 only goes up to the 2009 Model Year, I was FORCED to Take it to them! if it wasn't for that little issue right there, I would have Bought the sensor MYSELF and installed it MYSELF FOR FREE. and to GM Customer Service: Why the HELL does it take an HOUR AND SIX MINUTES to Replace the Downstream Oxygen Sensor when I can have it done in HALF THE TIME!?
      Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 07-11-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks
      I'M AN IDIOT!? let me show you an excerpt of WHY I was FORCED to Take it to my Dealer

Because of the Bolded part, and also due to the fact that my School's Tech 2 only goes up to the 2009 Model Year, I was FORCED to Take it to them! if it wasn't for that little issue right there, I would have Bought the sensor MYSELF and installed it MYSELF FOR FREE. and to GM Customer Service: Why the HELL does it take an HOUR AND SIX MINUTES to Replace the Downstream Oxygen Sensor when I can have it done in HALF THE TIME!?
      I have replaced many O2 sensors in my day and never heard of such an issue. I still would have done it myself after hearing that price for it. That scan is probably what cost so much.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks

Hello there,

I am truly sorry for the experience you had at the dealership. I wish I could answer this for you, but unfortunately the customer care reps do not have expertise to diagnose vehicles. If you would like me to reach out to the dealership to possibly discuss this further I would be happy to do this. Also, I can document this feedback into our system on your behalf. We are happy to provide the best assistance that we can.

Patsy G
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Hello there,

I am truly sorry for the experience you had at the dealership. I wish I could answer this for you, but unfortunately the customer care reps do not have expertise to diagnose vehicles. If you would like me to reach out to the dealership to possibly discuss this further I would be happy to do this. Also, I can document this feedback into our system on your behalf. We are happy to provide the best assistance that we can.

Patsy G
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      not these guys again, give the man his money back or leave us alone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast