•  

Thread: getting stuck backing up

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

getting stuck backing up

I just purchased my 2008 chevy aveo a month ago and the car was in amazing shape. I was parked on my friends driveway (which is kinda a hill) and had my emergency break on. When I left I took it off and dropped my friend off and it was fine but when I got off the freeway by my house the car wasn't going at first when I tried accelerating. Then when I got to my place I went to back up it wouldn't go and then when I really pressed the gas down it jolted backward (feeling like the break was still on) Has anyone else had this problem or possibly know what it is?!

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by lmh62 View Post
      I just purchased my 2008 chevy aveo a month ago and the car was in amazing shape. I was parked on my friends driveway (which is kinda a hill) and had my emergency break on. When I left I took it off and dropped my friend off and it was fine but when I got off the freeway by my house the car wasn't going at first when I tried accelerating. Then when I got to my place I went to back up it wouldn't go and then when I really pressed the gas down it jolted backward (feeling like the break was still on) Has anyone else had this problem or possibly know what it is?!

Assuming that you released the parking brake, if it's an automatic and the car isn't moving while in drive or reverse, it means your transmission is fried.

If the parking brake cable is seized the car might move, but it will be like trying to drive while having your foot on the brakes.

Rebuilding an automatic transmission is one of the most expensive repairs for any vehicle.

Who did you buy it from? Did you get any warranty when you bought it? If so, 'run, don't walk' to file a claim on it.

Last edited by Thymeclock; 03-02-2014 at 03:43 AM.