•  

Thread: Fuel pump

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Fuel pump

Starting to have issues with my aveo dying while slowing down. Starts right up though. Not often but twice now in the same amount of days. I have a new TPS, plugs and wondering if it's the start of the fuel pump going out.. I have 128,000 miles on it. I'm wondering if any other members has experienced this problem and if the fuel pump goes bad quickly or intermediately.

Thanks in advance

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      my fuel pump went bad around 5k miles. But your is car doing anything else? codes? I have tried a few sets of different plugs and my car wouldn't idle after a long run. (autolites copper) Also if you did the TPS, was that the throttle body? you might just need an idle relearn.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      my fuel pump went bad around 5k miles. But your is car doing anything else? codes? I have tried a few sets of different plugs and my car wouldn't idle after a long run. (autolites copper) Also if you did the TPS, was that the throttle body? you might just need an idle relearn.
      Thanks for the reply there petrified rabbit. Car is doing nothing else. No check engine light. I did switch over to copper plugs and have noticed increased gas mileage right around 35 mpg averaged. And I've had no more of those PO700, and P1781 misfire codes ever since. My commute is 52 miles one way. (The reason I bought the Aveo). The strange thing is that it happens at the same place every time now. Pulling in the parking lot around a turn and it just dies. Drive home...no problem.. Idles fine at stop lights. Even heading to work. Drive around town.. No issues. This has happened 3 times now. Strange huh ? It has been cold here, 0-10 degrees. I'm just wondering if this is the start of the fuel pump going bad. Don't want to be stranded on the road, but them damn fuel pumps just isn't cheap.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the only thing i can guess is the fuel escaping the pickup around the bend, is it a bend that is unique to your drive if that makes sense?

maybe there is a magnetic field on that end of the building that disables your electronics, haha?