•  

Thread: Door locks unlock and lock when remote button pushed

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Door locks unlock and lock when remote button pushed

Hello Everyone,
      I have been researching an issue I've had for a couple of years on my 2007 Aveo. Whenever you press the remote to lock or unlock, all of the locks go up then down (or vice versa depending on what position they started in). It sets the alarm. The only way to lock or unlock the door is to put the key in the door and use manually. I have replaced one actuator that stopped working in the meantime. I also replaced the driver side door switch. Nothing has changed. Does anyone have any suggestions to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been working with this too long. I am too stubborn (and cheap) to just take it into a shop, but I almost have no choice.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      My daughter's 2009 does the same thing! did you ever find the fix? Thanks!

Thanks
      Anyone get answer or a fix for this? My dealer is useless and I hate not being able to always lock my car. Having same problem on 07 Aveo.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo Owner 2007 View Post
      Anyone get answer or a fix for this? My dealer is useless and I hate not being able to always lock my car. Having same problem on 07 Aveo.

Hi all,

I thought someone might find it helpful if i share my experience with Aveo door locks. I have a 2009 Aveo LT with the remote keyless entry (RKE) feature. The remote keyless entry keyfob always works perfectly in warm weather and locks/unlocks the doors, until the temperature gets cold. When it gets cold, and I want to unlock the doors with the keyfob, the door actuator tries, makes the clicking sound, but the door stays locked. I can see the manually operated door lock rod at the top of the door panel appears to move slightly, but it appears something is sticking inside the door, and the door remains locked. However, I found that if I quickly hit the open button on the remote keyfob several times (3-4) in very quick succession, I could actually get the door to unlock. But that is not a great long-term solution because I am just hammering the actuator mechanism, and they will eventually break.

So I went out and bought new door lock actuators from RockAuto. Both drivers and passengers side actuators. Since it is summer and the weather is nice, and the driver's side works well in warm weather, i decided to replace the passenger side actuator first. The passenger side actuator was worse off than the drivers door. The passenger door actuator wouldn't unlock under any circumstances. But if already unlocked, it was able to lock the door. The job to replace the door lock actuator was a pain and tedious at best. Be prepared for some frustration.

To make a long story short, the door actuators are known to stick with age, or the plastic linkage that interconnects the two parts of the actuator becomes worn. If you find that your remote keyless entry door lock actuator doesn't work, or locks but then quickly unlocks, or unlocks but then quickly relocks, then one or more actuators needs to be replaced. People that report the door alarm going off unnecessarily when locking the door, this problem is also likely caused by one or more faulty door lock actuators.

That's my 2 cents.

Deano.

Thanks
      I also have the same problem with my 2009 Aveo LT. Has anyone found a resolution to the problem? It would be nice to know what the solution is before I start tearing everything apart and replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. There is no temperature issue with this particular problem. My vehicle acts just as BrentS described.