•  

Thread: DIS-Injector Fuse Keeps Blowing

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

DIS-Injector Fuse Keeps Blowing

Hello,

2004 Aveo, 240,000km, timing belt is about 30,000 km old and otherwise it runs great and gets great fuel economy.

Two weeks ago the car died on the highway, and we had it towed to a mechanic - verdict was ignition coil, had that replaced and the car worked fine for two weeks.

Today it died about 100m away from the house the same way as before, just after starting rather than while running for a while. There is fuel pressure at the Schrader valve on the rail. The 15A DIS-Injector fuse under the dash keeps blowing, I let that happen 3x just to make sure.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks.

Thanks
      The wiring for that circuit has a short in it somewhere that is causing too much current to be drawn. I'm not sure what is all on that circuit, so its hard to say what to check.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i would check the engine ground. Being the coil was just done something might be pinched or left unconnected.

I would follow the harness across the injectors to all the ends and make sure nothing is bare, loose, pinched, or unplugged.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Update: I hooked it up to the back of my Jeep with a tow strap and got it down the street to the local mechanic. I will update tomorrow, in the hopes that someone else might have a similar issue and can use the info to diagnose.

In the mean time before towing the car to the mechanic, I poked around looking for an obviously loose connection somewhere underhood. A number of the connectors looked pretty rough. Has anyone spent the time soldering in new appropriately sized weatherpak connectors? Maybe even get a bunch of the OE style pigtails from Rock Auto? As Aveos are aging wiring issues are bound to become more common.

What looks like the crankshaft sensor connector had a little bare metal showing (!) a few mm above the plug so I imagine the rest of them can't be far behind.

Also, there's a small two prong plug just to the right of the oil filter with three wires going into it. The middle one was green, and the two outside ones were black. Any idea what it does? The manual I have didn't reveal anything. Small orange connector with a little gold coloured prong on it ... that one was mostly sawed through from what I assume was the fan rubbing on it so that will need some repair too. I am primarily concerned about getting the wires hooked up in the right orientation again.