Good day! I am new to the forum and I look forward on getting more involved in this community. I bought a Chevy Aveo 2008 LT Sedan a year ago and I am having issues with the clutch system. So, in my experience, I am no mechanic and I define myself as a youtube DIYer. So forgive me for asking dumb and ignorant questions. I know there is google that I can look for answers but it doesn't really help me THAT much. So, thank you for having me here.

The problem is the clutch pedal actually. When I switch on the engine the clutch pedal and gear shifting seems to function smoothly. No problem at all whatsoever. Then when I drive for 3-5 miles then my clutch pedal starts to lose pressure and I can feel the pressure with only an inch to the floor to shift gears. Not only that, it is also hard to shift gears. The weird thing is, I then come to a complete stop and park my car for a few minutes then the clutch system is working smooth again as well as gear shifting! But then again I lost pressure on the clutch pedal and gear shifting is hard when I get back on the road. This is weird because I have read some of the aveo clutch issues not related to mine. Is this an air leak somewhere? Why would it go back smooth after I turn off my car for a few minutes? Hydraulic issues? I do not think it is the cylinders because there is a point in time it's working good. Correct me if I am wrong. I do not want to go to a shop that would charge me hundreds of bucks and they do not even know the issue too.

Well, I love my Chevy Aveo. I think the car is a beast. My goal is to reach 500k miles on it. Hopefully you guys could help me out here. I would post pictures soon in the garage section. Right now, I am juggling my time with errands and family. Thank you so much.